Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow

Old 09-05-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

OH GEEZ.. that's too funny for words.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Your description of how you felt sounds so much like

The posts I've read about alcoholic withdrawal. I'm not sure it was the salad, cow...I think you are going into withdrawal when you go a day or two without the booze and then you don't like that at all so you give yourself permission to drink to get rid of the horrible symptoms of withdrawal.

How would you feel about an inpatient detox?

Wishing and hoping so much for good things for you and sobriety.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:29 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

HA! Unlawful linking. Nice mug shot, Cow!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Cow you are simply brilliant.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

OMG, howling.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Ok cow, read up on excitotoxins. This might help you with the food issues.

Incidentally, I was ten times more affected by them when I was drinking.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Happy Now, I has go up to 5 days sober without physical "withdrawal" symptom. And I has have similar reactions when try to eat salad before or other delicious thing like garlic, onion, ginger, peppers, spices. I kind of old hand at gauging difference between substance symptoms and food/smell/light reaction symptoms.

Quantity I drinking now does not require medical detox. Is like 1-2 bottle wine every other day. Is a lot, but not need supervisions. Here is true story: I go to meeting while ago and was start to tell my story and say how much I drinking and lady next to me goes "Wow, if I could just drink that much, I wouldn't even be here!" And bunch of them was nodding they heads! I was like, "Listen bitches, I happen to already has blown out my f*cking brain and other organs from drug and alcohols, so for me, that is lot, okay? Sure, is not my 30 freaking shot a night hey day, but is still big problem! Believe me, I has try to go more, but end up in hospital, so I maxing out here, okay? We good? Jesus!" --I not say this in exactly those words, of course, being polite gentle soul that I is, but was big turn off to me for meetings.

PS. Anybody get my booking # joke, or is I only 80's chick here!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I got it, Cow. Love me some 867-5309
Old 09-05-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

No, I totally missed it, and as you know I am right with you sista in the age category!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Excitotoxins, yes, Double B! Thank you for chiming in. Yes, is very hard to eat around them and for me even supposed benign chemicals is problem. But you total right, of course, that destroying my myelin sheath not helping. Is very few foods that is 'safe' food for me at this point, so if you has suggestion or resource, I all ears.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I has a secret. Sometimes when I'm feeling kinda sad, I come here and re-read this entire thread. Because it makes me happy. And, it's more entertaining than the Kardashians.

But not more than Homey Boo Boo.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Oh God, NOT "Homey" Boo Boo.

HONEY. HONEY BOO BOO.

OK, that's just awful...

And hilarious.... Blllaaaaaaaaahahahahahah
Old 09-05-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I think there is something in the air tonight, everyone is cracking me up! SO good to know I can still laugh this hard stone sober. Thanks guys!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post
SO good to know I can still laugh this hard stone sober. Thanks guys!
I agree! I laughed out loud when I saw Cow's mug shot picture as an SR fugitive. I know you're struggling and hurting deep down, Cow, and I'm rooting for you. But sincerely, thank you SO much for making us laugh. You're brilliant.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Sober since March 21, 2013

Hey Cow,

After seeing your mug shot booking # I had the strangest desire to call my friend Jenny and listen to Tommy Tutone. (hint for jaynie04)
Old 09-05-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

You know, after I post ALLEGED unlawful link, I has some regret. Because I feel it expose me, and I really not at all wish to become "sobriety class clown." Plus also, I total get busted by Sheriff D and now has SR rap sheet. But tonight lift my spirit. And I think, you know, fact is, I comic at heart, and, I addict at heart, and both of those is me, and both of those has to get sober. I think is still okay to be silly sometime when you tragic inside. Lot of writers big fear is that they no can write any more when they sober, and this has certainly occur for me in total dead spaces when I try to give up addictions and not manage to get through to ... whatever. Is maybe like that for everybody, no matter profession. Although I not really ever hear of accountant hasing brilliant drug fueled accounting session. Anyway, we is who we is, yes? We can maybe be somebody new tomorrow, but we has to start where we is. And who I is, is still on mission to sobriety.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Cow, I think you have to look at something. You have the ability to draw people together, make them feel comfortable and your humor comes from a very deep place. You mention that you understand the gravity of what we are all dealing with often, it shows. You have a way of communicating what you are going through that makes everyone want the absolute best for you. You are endearing.

Yes, comic, addict....guess what, all of you adds up to a pretty amazing equation!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

PS (I know I never shut up, sorry1):

You posted during day 1, 2 and 3 when you were sober and it was some of your best work ever.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:51 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Dear Cow, you are brilliant, funny, caring

And so many of us here genuinely love your spirit. But you are hurting and dying from the alcoholism. If you keep drinking you will die. That's all I know. Please find a way to sobriety. We are all rooting for you!

Old 09-06-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hi buddy - I read some of your stuff on FB. You were right about the disclaimer.

I saw so much pain and anger in your writing there it's almost a do it yourself therapy session. It's very descriptive of you, (although well hidden behind a facade of distasteful jokes and stuffed animals). As entertainers, our greatest gifts come from our darkest places. I've been asked, "Where does that EVEN come from ?" when I get off the stage. My answer is a stock one "You don't want to begin to know."

You do you. If that's what dispels the demons, brings them to light, go on with ya bad self. Writers gotta write. And like my pal PTC says, haters gonna hate.

But when i read that i thought - jesus, hasnt she suffered enough ?

You have to make your choice, once and for all, are you gonna get busy dying or get busy living ?

It's sh*t or get off the pot time.

XO AO