Notices

Hello

Old 08-05-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

My name is Robbie. I decided to join this forum for support during my recovery process as I have moved back home where there is not support groups such as AA.

I have been sober since the 15th of July after a suicide attempt. This is the longest I've been without alcohol in years. I started drinking daily about 5 years ago, I'm 22 now. I'm already feeling wonderful, except for the nightmares, but I understand that's just my brain becoming more active. Lot's of zombie nightmares, but I think that's from the video games and movies! :P

I know most won't want to read, but I've moved back home to my small town (500 people) and have cut ties with all my friends (who I know weren't really friends, but drinking buddies) and I just feel like I need to talk to some like minded people, even if it's through a forum.

The last year was a pretty bad one, lost my job, had over 6,000 dollars worth of clothing, sunglasses, and money stolen from me by best friends and jealous people. I'm in no way rich, I just worked my butt off for all the nice things I owned that people thought they were entitled to. My apartment in Vancouver became infested with bed bugs so I left everything I owned that couldn't go in a dryer at the apartment and ran back home. I lost years worth of artwork, a 1,000 bed I had bought just a few month prior, furniture... everything, I completely lost everything... my mind, my belongings, my relationship. I started drinking "hardcore" everyday, switching from beer/coolers to hard alcohol, on top of that I was starting to use hard drugs, including cocaine, and crack, and I had already been a heavy marijuana user for longer than I cam remember.

This past July I tried killing myself by overdosing and was placed into the Psychiatric ward where I had a lot of time I reflect and get somewhat of a clear head. I was released July 15th, and I have been completely sober from all substances since. I don't know where I'm going with this... I just feel like I need to tell people, since I no longer have any friends in my life. I feel great right now, but I've traded my alcohol addiction for energy drinks (Sugar free, I know bad, but oh well), and I've been working out 60 minuets a day and I'm starting to look way better. My skin is getting clearer everyday, and the fat I gained from all the sugary alcohol drinks is melting off. I'm going to try to quit smoking tobacco soon as well but I don't want to rush things to fast...

Anyways, I won't carry on anymore. If this is in the wrong section, I apologize. Thanks for reading, I just needed to get this all out...

Robbie
Old 08-05-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations, you have come to the right place. Welcome to SR, the people here are wonderful.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just a Sober ******* Now

Welcome! This is always a great place to be. Always an ear to listen.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! You're in exactly the right place

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-05-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Smile

Hello

Congratulations on 22 dsys sober
Old 08-05-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome! Congratulations on 22 days sober, I hear it gets much easier with time. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling happy and healthy. You may have lost your stuff, but it sounds like you recovered yourself in the process. Your stuff is just stuff, it can be replaced. You cannot. I hope you find what you need on these forums, they are full of wonderful and supportive people. Best wishes!
Old 08-05-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Scorpi I am sorry to hear of all you have been through but I am sure you'll find lots of support here x
Old 08-06-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Scorpi! I am glad you are alive and well, and sharing with us.

I've ODed several times, and had numerous commitments.

Myself and many others are quite happy I'm living sober on this side of the grass.

Way to go on your 3weeks sober!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Moment of Conception

Welcome, Scorpi, to SR and congrats on your sobriety thus far...
both great choices to have made!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Scorpi,
Glad you found this site.Hope you use it to your advantage and continue on the straight and narrow path.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Welcome, Scorpi!

You've made a great decision in joining here. You'll get loads of support. You sound really positive and committed to this - and it definitely gets easier over time. I've just passed 6 months sober and the boost to my self esteem and outlook on life has been huge. I'm sure it will happen for you, too, if you just hang in there .....