Notices

Day 4 and angry

Old 08-05-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 and angry

Had first day of training today and I hate it, I do not like the school I am in and I just want a beer and a cigarette. Feeling scared and all alone. I hate my school and the people there, they are happy and normal. This sucks.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hey there. i'm new to this forum and new to not drinking. its so hard! I had a fight with mum yesterday and so so wanted a drink.

I've been to some aa meetings and their advice was "don't pick up" .... hard when the craving feels like a physical need.

I guess you need to keep yourself busy, try to relax ... music? computer games? xbox?

and remember.... most people put on a happy face, not all of those people are perfect and happy, in fact most aren't.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Friend. Well, you have choices to make here. If you do use the chances of your staying in a horrible mental place are pretty good. Are you taking the meds Acheleus?
Stay calm and stay motivated Acheleus. If you do choose to do anything let it be a cigarette. This would not create the major emotional place that you find yourself in everytime you drink.
Stay on here tonight.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Change is always difficult Ach. Give yourself a few days to settle in, ok?

D
Old 08-05-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Had a nap and feel better. Having some nightmares but hope I can deal with them. Thank you guys, going to eat and try to go to bed.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there Acheleus. Sounds tough right now. But just take this one day at a time. You can get through this training. Rooting for ya!!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

HI Acheleus. It is good to see that you are making it through. It is shark week. Sharkzilla is on next.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just remember the reasons why you want to quit in the first place. Keep that front of mind. All you have to do is not drink just for today. Every day it gets easier. ask yourself is it worth getting back on it for a temporary fix or you can work on a long term solution. Every day without getting on it is a win. We can do it.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know. But after training today the guys were like oh let us all go out beer drinking Thursday, so come Thursday I will look like an *******, but I will tell them I do not drink anymore. It just hurts to be around people who clearly have their **** together and are happy. It makes me sick how happy they all seem, but maybe I will feel better soon. I hope the anxiety med starts working. Gonna eat now.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I know most people do put on a happy face, I just feel so inadequate around them, but I am in the program so I need to relax. I took a walk last night and that helped. Thank you for the reasonable voices guys.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Or, come Thursday, you will look like a mature thoughtful person who cares for his health!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I always have my happy face on but living with an alcoholic when I dont drink is not the happiest. You never know whats behind someone elses closed door. Be strong. I go out with a lot of friends who are alcoholics & they never pressure me. If they are really your friends they would understand. I sit at the bar & watch everyone else and how they are going to feel in the morning. You can still have fun and be sober
Old 08-05-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You guys have so much common sense! I just don't want to feel like a loser around everyone, I want to be strong and capable. Well, I am going to get ice cream, I am just craving something sweet.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

"but I am in the program so I need to relax"

Right there " BOOM "

You'da man
Old 08-05-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I just hope it gets better. I know it is day 4 but I feel strange. Tomorrow is day 5 and I am glad for that. The ice cream is pretty good.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Smile

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
the people there, they are happy and normal.
Are they ? How do you know

Your normal , your unique

Your one of a kind
Old 08-05-2013, 09:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I just feel like a huge POS all the time. My counselor says I look normal and act normal, but inside I feel like dirt. Trying to work on that and making sobriety my number one priority. Alcohol I think contributed to me feeling like a no one because people don't like being around a drunk. Anyway, moving forward.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Heck ya ice cream is good. So is greeting the day with a clear head, having all mental faculties about us, and watching Shark week. Your fabulous A.
Good luck tomorrow. Take it one day at a time.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
I just feel like a huge POS all the time. My counselor says I look normal and act normal, but inside I feel like dirt. Trying to work on that and making sobriety my number one priority. Alcohol I think contributed to me feeling like a no one because people don't like being around a drunk. Anyway, moving forward.
Hey, turn on the Housewives of Orange County. You will feel 100% better about yourself in an instant. Serious.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
and watching Shark week.
"" SHARK "" Nat Geo Wild .... I like it

WATCH OUT

THERE'S A LOBSTER LOOSE