Notices

Im a mess.help

Old 08-05-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im a mess.help

Hi Everyone.

I'm a 29 Irish man and im a complete waste of space.Its a Monday afternoon and im sitting work so depressed after a 3day drinking binge :-( I don't have a girlfriend but there was a girl I did really like there but after seeing the state I was in yesterday im sure she wants nothing to do with me. I just think I need help and I don't know who to turn to.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Lots of advice and support here.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by youngmark53 View Post
Hi Everyone.

I'm a 29 Irish man and im a complete waste of space.Its a Monday afternoon and im sitting work so depressed after a 3day drinking binge :-( I don't have a girlfriend but there was a girl I did really like there but after seeing the state I was in yesterday im sure she wants nothing to do with me. I just think I need help and I don't know who to turn to.
I feel your pain. I'm 30 years old sitting in my office in Ohio and wishing I was dead after a long weekend of drinking pretty much non stop since I got off work Friday. I'm making the choice today to not drink. There's a lot of supportive people on here. I wish you the best.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Youngmark - no you are not a waste of space. Stop it. You came here to try and make things better, didn't you? Some never realize what they're doing to themselves. You see your life going in the wrong direction and want to make a change. I say that's something to be proud of.

When I was 29 & 30 (like zad) I would never have had the courage to change things. I knew I was drinking too much - all the warning signs were there - yet I continued to try and manage the amounts I drank so I wouldn't have to give it up all together. Fast forward decades later - I was drinking every day, all day. I was shaky, sick, on my last legs. I had destroyed the hope and joy in my life. This won't happen to you. Please stay with us and keep posting. I'm so glad you reached out for help. This is a great place for support, & you're with friends who truly understand.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome to SR.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds more like alcohol is wasting your space. You're probably a fine soul without the drink messin' ya up. This is an excellent first step as there is lots of support and guidance here. Welcome. It wouldn't hurt to sit down and make yourself a list of things you can do instead of drinking when the urge hits. "Going for a run, posting here on SR or going to an AA meeting"...were just a few mine. Get prepared Youngmark...it's a worthy battle rich in reward.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Youngmark, welcome. I'm new here as well. I know how you feel. Probably most people on here can recognize it.

I'm on day 2 and I find this forum to be a wonderful source of support.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello. The #1 thing to do that will turn this head space around, your life, and everything else is to put the drink down. Give yourself a shot at sobriety. See where it takes you. Obviously, drinking is bringing out the negative.
You can do this. We are here for support.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone.

I also feel your pain. I am pretty new here as well. I am sitting here at work after a freakin 2 day drinking binge.

I know I need to get it together. I am more determined NOW than ever to get past this ugliness and never EVER pick up another drink. I am just tired.

Welcome by the way.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Youngmark, you're not a waste of space. You're a person with a problem. So what are you going to do about it?

You - that's YOU - need to make a decision to stop drinking and take your life in your hands. You can't do it for a girl who may or may not have been happy ever after. You have to do it for yourself... And YOUR happy ever after.

You can start today. Stay clean. Just for today. Then deal with tomorrow then.

Look for resources in your area. AA is just about everywhere. Go to your doctor for help. A call to your local hospital can put you in touch with An amazing number of resources. Don't be embarrassed to reach out- health care workers are there to help. If you're religious, talk to your Pastor or religious leader.

Post on SR, read the resources available here. There is a wealth of experience, knowledge and support here.

You can change. Today. But you have decide to move forward, first and foremost. And yes, you're worth it.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am so glad you found us Mark. There is help for you here!
Old 08-05-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

How many Monday mornings have you had like this? For me - I've lost count. Historically they are almost always the worst morning of the week. Usually preceded by a bender of a weekend.

You are certainly not a waste of space. Like nuudawn said - alcohol is the waste of space. Today is Monday morning and I LOVE not feeling that heavy weight of booze bearing down on me to start the week.

Despite feeling very tired due to lack of sleep - I would rather feel like this any day. Give it a try. It's worth it!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
No half measures

We are good people it is just that alcohol makes do things we ordinarily would not do. When the alcohol is eliminated so are the actions.

Sobriety solves a lot of problems
Old 08-05-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone.

Hey man I remember feeling that way too the last time I sobered up from smoking weed. Like "damn, I feel like a lowly lowly low life right about now and I'd be embarrassed if I had to communicate with 95% of the people I know."

You know, it's annoying, but I can feel Shame and Guilt about pot sometimes. Like feeling dirty around others, dishonest, etc. I sometimes wish I could just smoke my pot without sweating it... Unfortunately my psychological complex doesn't seem to work in a way that allows that to happen... For me to feel good about myself I gotta stay clean...
Old 08-05-2013, 11:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi guys thanks for your posts, mean allot. Just woke up on a Tuesday morning, never slept a wink, woke up covered in cold sweat and the way my head is feeling I think this is the darkest place I've ever been. Want to just end it all but don't have the balls too :-(
Old 08-05-2013, 11:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you feel low again and you want someone to talk to Mark, here's an Irish site with 24 hour help links

Suicide Prevention - Ireland

D
Old 08-05-2013, 11:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I want too Dee but like I said I don't have the balls to do it. I'm a coward and a total waste of space.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sweetie...you are not a waste of space. You hideously depressed likely caused by the 3 day binge. Hang tough...get through..there is light in your darkness. You don't have to feel this way anymore. You can stop hurting your soul with the poison of alcohol. Don't you see..it's not helping. Sobriety can.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with nuudawn.
Coming off a binge is not easy, and all of us can easily feel really overwhelmed.

I just wanted you to know where you can get help, if you need it

You're 29 - don't judge the rest of your life by how you feel today.
Things will get better - I have been there, exactly where you are.

I've felt the self hatred and the despair - that's the alcohol the addiction and the withdrawal talking....

but you will come out the other side - there's so much support here - all you need to do is reach out for it, Mark

You can do this - and I know you can cos I, and hundreds of others here, did it too

There is life after booze - and it's a good life.

It's a great life.

D
Old 08-06-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi guys

Hi guys thank you all for your posts on this. Your advice is great. I know I have to change, no more binges, no more anger inside, no more feeling sorry for myself but I don't know how? All that's been going through my head is the people I've let down and the embrassment I made of myself at the weekend( I can remember hardly any off it), not again :-( where do I start afresh?? I really think I need to move away because I know I'm not happy and I need to start again. Was crying my eyes out earlier because I am quite a friendly person and I know I am kind and also good to people but I'm so lonely inside. What a woss I am.