Notices

I'd rather just live in the problem sometimes.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'd rather just live in the problem sometimes.

Eh just what the thread title says. I don't really "want" sobriety, I just don't "want" pot either, right now. So I'm kind of just in limbo. Could care less. I'm not really willing to put effort in to finding a sponsor, and I'm just as lazy that I don't feel like hunting down any more pot. I guess I don't really know what I want from life in general.

I did 1st meeting on April 29 2013 got 64 days decided to smoke pot in July 8th did it maybe 10x in July then somehow another 6 days of clean time snuck up on me as I haven't felt like smoking. Don't really know how to explain it except that I was too lazy to pack my bowl, took a deep breath, and said "Stay".
Old 08-05-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi. One of the best suggestions I got was "KEEP COMING" even though you don't want to. Eventually sobriety was more attractive than being my stupid SICK self. It works IF we work it. BE WLL
Old 08-05-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ya know, I recall some of the addiction information I have read talked about different challenges that occur when chronic MJ use ceases. I believe your brain chemistry is slower to recover and that depression is a much more serious threat for a longer time..than with other substance abuses.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I read somewhere that sobriety was something you had to have in order to want it. Keep at it and I am sure it will all become clear in time x
Old 08-05-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
I read somewhere that sobriety was something you had to have in order to want it. Keep at it and I am sure it will all become clear in time x
Haha thanks hypochondriac I can relate to this. High, next-day-burned, I can't really tell whether or not I want to be clean. Trying to remind myself what sobriety is like would be like trying to close my eyes and visualize the sky.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey FreedomSought

I think you have to stick it out a little...64 days is great but for me I didn't even start to experience real sobriety til around 3 months.

I wasn't even aware of it but alcohol and pot had coloured my way of thinking, even after I quit. My self esteem was down, I was apathetic, I was still thinking like I used to all those years even tho I was technically clean and sober

I'd smoked and drank so much, for so long it took that long for my head to clear, but it did and I recovered a me I'd forgotten about - the real me

stick with it - you'll be glad you did