Notices

Alcohol Slating Sesh anyone?!

Old 08-05-2013, 01:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol Slating Sesh anyone?!

Hey folks.

Been doing well lately but yesterday I was reeeally tempted and anxious (got passed it), and today I am too. Sometimes I just feel really uninspired and negative but thankfully I can come here and read everyone's positive thoughts about sobriety and negative thoughts towards alcohol and it really spurs me on..

So why are you guys staying sober today? And what positive effects are you feeling?

Old 08-05-2013, 02:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Think to that awful moment the next day when you are looking at your phone, the horrendous feeling of either not knowing what you did or vividly remembering what a dick head you made of yourself. Think about the fact that it was alcohol that caused that. Alcohol fuelled that embarrassment and that guilt. Think about wakening up now fresh and ready to attack the day ahead with a smile instead
Of a sore head. That's how I'm viewing it, then again i'm only on day 9! Good luck!
Old 08-05-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This thread is right on time. This is my first week sober and today is my drinking day so thinking about why I'm staying sober is more productive right now than you know. I work thirds on the weekends (12 hr shifts- home by 6:30 a.m.) so getting through the "weekend" is no issue for me. It's this day, my "Friday," that I want to sit in the sunshine on my deck and drink high octane beers or a few bottles of wine to unwind. Of course DH works during the day like a normal person and booze makes me feel chatty, so I reach out to the perfectly sober world at 10 a.m. at full tilt. Ugh, so embarrassing. So I'll be glad to wake up this afternoon refreshed and unashamed instead of of sleeping until DH gets home and then following the humiliation, shame and guilt spiral down. The depression and anxiety that follows lasts several days. I am in the same camp as Hamilton. I'd like to think positively, but honestly it's the fear of the morning (or in my case, evening) after keeping me out of the liquor store. I never want to have another morning after.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Keep it up, it just keeps getting better and better. You never have to have that dreaded "morning after" feeling ever again!
Old 08-05-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi. I don't drink today so I don't have to face the pit of hell any more. In AA it says we can be and are "happy, joyous and free." No comparison! BE WELL