Notices

I just need to understand

Old 08-04-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I just need to understand

I am a paramedic and being a Paramedic I should of known better... Recurrent kidney stones over a 2 to 3 month period, could not take NSAIDS due to elevated Kreatine levels (sign of poor kidney function most likely brought on by eating IBU for the pain) Many of you here probably know where this post is going... I am on day two without Hydrocodone now, did not realize that taking the prescribed dosage over a short period of time could cause physical addiction but it has. I have read many posts that speak about the pain and other physical signs of withdrawal, but I do not understand this very real and painful depression and malaise that I feel. I do not have the anger or agitation that others have described, just uncontrolled crying and sleeplessness. I just feel like I should have done the controlled reduction of the narcotic instead of cold turkey. Very frustrated and worried, thanks in advance for your input. BTW the Kreatine levels are going down so there is some good news....
Old 08-05-2013, 12:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Neo and welome, I am not familiar with your addiction since my DOC is alcohol but I am sure others will be along to help answer your questions. Most normal people are sleeping now ;-)
Old 08-05-2013, 12:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I understand, my wife is asleep as well and she is my rock. I am no stranger to drug abuse (bouts with cocaine off and on in the past) but this is terrible!!! I just posted on another thread about how I have always admired the will power that you guys have being able to recover with your DOC around every turn... Thanks for your support!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuLu13 View Post
Most normal people are sleeping now ;-)
Unless you're in the UK

Welcome to SR neoconagenda Seeing as you were prescribed the drug would it not be a good idea to talk to your doctor? I felt very depressed and fatigued for a long time after giving up alcohol, it couldn't have been a withdrawal symptom, but I think the body and mind does just kick back when you take away something it has gotten used to. It may be worth looking into PAWS too. Glad you're here x
Old 08-05-2013, 12:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice, I am hoping that this will not last too long given the short period of usage. I have tapped my family for support and that has helped. Unlike with the cocaine when I was too ashamed to seek their support, but quitting that was a cake walk compared to this... I cannot imagine what a long term addict goes through.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
Unless you're in the UK

Welcome to SR neoconagenda Seeing as you were prescribed the drug would it not be a good idea to talk to your doctor? I felt very depressed and fatigued for a long time after giving up alcohol, it couldn't have been a withdrawal symptom, but I think the body and mind does just kick back when you take away something it has gotten used to. It may be worth looking into PAWS too. Glad you're here x
Hypo, I said NORMAL people, LOL!

Neoconagenda, no big kudos to me yet as I am only on day 16. I have tried this a few times in the past and managed a few months but this time I am doing it differently. I have reached out on this board and am attending AA meetings. Hopefully, this time I can stay sober for the rest of my life. I am sorry you are feeling so poorly and hope it passes soon.