Notices

I was doing really well.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
Aloha UnseenLight. Every mistake has a lesson. I’m glad you are going to try something different.
Best wishes.
Thanks. I've got to try something. I know it's tough but I can't give up.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
Hazelton has a workbook...I haven't used it but others have with success. Glad you are here with us!
Thank you! I never heard of Hazelton but I was just checking them out on amazon.com. I found others on there as well. I'll see if I can find some at barnes and noble to flip through and see what seems best for me. Thanks again.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

UnseenLight, please remember, addiction to chemical substances is very powerful. Your body adapted to the alcohol and now you have taken it away so it is complaining. You made it 18 days, so you know you can do it. Rootin for ya.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by UnseenLight View Post
Thanks for sharing your story. I also don't want to be reduced to being "just a drunk". I have a young daughter and I'd hate for her to ever feel that way about me. I've avoided drinking in front of her, but I really just need to quit altogether if I want to truly be a good example.
As far as books, the most important one in my recovery to date has been "The Spirituality of Imperfection" by Kurtz & Ketcham. Another one I got some really important info from was Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Drinking. If you hadn't noticed this tab on site, I thought I would include it. Lots of titles to choose from.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rituality.html

OOOPs I quoted the wrong response. I was addressing the one on books..lol.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well, UnseenLight, you have a lot of good company. Some of the best people (in fact, MOST of the best people) I have met in life share our problem. There are ongoing day-to-day conquests, long sobriety, and tragedies in the mix. I, for one, believe in each day is a new beginning (goodness knows, I HAVE to do that, otherwise I would cast myself in "failures" even though most of my life has been sober).

I still fight the AV beast, but I keep at it. Truly, it is the only way to live. Very glad to have you onboard!!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by neferkamichael View Post
UnseenLight, please remember, addiction to chemical substances is very powerful. Your body adapted to the alcohol and now you have taken it away so it is complaining. You made it 18 days, so you know you can do it. Rootin for ya.
Thanks for the support! This particular hangover isn't that bad compared to others that I have had. That being said, I know worse ones are just around the corner if I don't quit. I think the first post I did back in April might have been the worst hangover I've had. I had numb legs, a numb finger, terrible stomach pain, and I was shaking. It was rough. I don't think I need to go through another one of those to get the message that I need to quit.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
As far as books, the most important one in my recovery to date has been "The Spirituality of Imperfection" by Kurtz & Ketcham. Another one I got some really important info from was Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Drinking. If you hadn't noticed this tab on site, I thought I would include it. Lots of titles to choose from.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rituality.html

OOOPs I quoted the wrong response. I was addressing the one on books..lol.
Thanks! I will have some time to kill this friday during the afternoon so I'm going to browse Barnes and Noble for sure. I'll have several hours free so I'll really be able to devote serious time to picking out the right one(s). I wonder if my local library has any too.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I know how you feel. I had over 2 mo sober and felt so great. Stopped the positive thinking and thought I could have 2 beers. That turned in to 2 weeks of hell. I can't even remember much of it. All I know I was in deep darkness and depression in an instant. I was ashamed and humiliated. I said screw this! And went back to AA and I am ready to do what I'm told. I am trying to see this relapse as a blessing. I know for sure now I am an alcoholic, I can never take one sip. It is not fun for me. I could never drink in public now. If I drank, it would be like those 2 weeks, alone, scared, sick, and desperate. I am on day 3 sober. I still feel a little sick physically, but I feel so good in every other way! You can do this. We can all do it together. Take care