Notices

How to win my wife back

Old 08-03-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How to win my wife back

I am new to this site. My wife just got finished with inpatient for 30 days. We have had problems for the last several years with my control issues, as well as her spending habits. She called me controlling because I had to stop things she wanted in order to have the money and pay the bills. Regardless, she now wants a divorce, even though her counselor said to give it a year before making life decisions. I was wondering if anyone out there had similar circumstances and got back with your husband. Does anything I said seems familiar to you. We have been married for 40 yrs and I am heartbroken that she does not want to do marriage counseling or give change a chance.

Any suggestions that might help me. All her friends say make myself scarce and leave her be. She did move out and got an apartment. My lawyer said that even if I am served it still will take 6 months to a year to complete anyway. Please advise if you have anything to give me
Old 08-03-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by cinmarc View Post
I am new to this site. My wife just got finished with inpatient for 30 days. We have had problems for the last several years with my control issues, as well as her spending habits. She called me controlling because I had to stop things she wanted in order to have the money and pay the bills. Regardless, she now wants a divorce, even though her counselor said to give it a year before making life decisions. I was wondering if anyone out there had similar circumstances and got back with your husband. Does anything I said seems familiar to you. We have been married for 40 yrs and I am heartbroken that she does not want to do marriage counseling or give change a chance.

Any suggestions that might help me. All her friends say make myself scarce and leave her be. She did move out and got an apartment. My lawyer said that even if I am served it still will take 6 months to a year to complete anyway. Please advise if you have anything to give me
You know, like everything in life, if it was meant to be...........it will be and there isnt anything you can do about it either way. If you two are meant to stand the test of time, then things will work out down the line for that to happen. Right now, I say let her go. Sounds like a bit of a toxic relationship anyway, and life is too short for that stuff.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi cinmarc - welcome

I'm sorry for whats bought you here.
I'm not sure what can save a marriage if only one partner is interested in saving it tho. That's a tough one.

I have no experience in this myself - maybe others here will - but I'd encourage you to read our Family and Friends forums here as well for more support.

D