Notices

Question about the way I am feeling

Old 08-03-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Question about the way I am feeling

Hi! I finally decided to enter the hospital for detox on June 30. I was out of the hospital in two days, but, of course, am still detoxing. I feel pretty good other than I am really weak. I find it hard to stand at the sink and do dishes of fix my kids lunch. All I want to do is sit and watch tv and play on the computer. I am wondering if this is relatively normal to detox or could it be something else? I am on a new antidepressant and taking something to help me sleep. I work in the field and have had others I am taking care of talk about being weak, but I am new to detox. Any help would be wonderful!
Thanks!
Old 08-03-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Boo, did you mean to say you went into detox on July 30th?
Old 08-03-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Red face Oops~

Yes, July 30th.. sorry!! See can't even type correctly!!
Old 08-03-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi boo! I felt weak too, especially my legs. Just to be on the safe side, ask your dr too. Good job!
Old 08-03-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I felt really weak and lethargic. My doctor suggested that it wasn't surprising after overcoming such a huge hurdle. I really succumbed to it and was very lazy for a while. I noticed though that when I got a dog and started doing some moderate exercise on a regular basis I started to feel a lot better. I'd suggest not doing what I did and start exercising sooner if you can x
Old 08-03-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cool Can't be lazy

Well, it is nice to know I am not the only one. I really won't be able to be lazy long. I work full time, have two kids, I care for the elderly lady in my building, am a cub scout leader, and go to school. So, this is my weekend off, but after that it is back to the grindstone!!! I will get the kids out later today.. maybe that will help!
Old 08-03-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow, sounds like you will be pretty active then. I found I was dragging myself to work in the mornings and found it really difficult to cope with anything else. I am sure your active lifestyle will make the tired part pass faster x
Old 08-03-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

The first week, I managed to do the basics to get through the day, no more.

Be kind to yourself.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by boopdiva View Post
Hi! I finally decided to enter the hospital for detox on June 30. I was out of the hospital in two days, but, of course, am still detoxing. I feel pretty good other than I am really weak. I find it hard to stand at the sink and do dishes of fix my kids lunch. All I want to do is sit and watch tv and play on the computer. I am wondering if this is relatively normal to detox or could it be something else? I am on a new antidepressant and taking something to help me sleep. I work in the field and have had others I am taking care of talk about being weak, but I am new to detox. Any help would be wonderful!
Thanks!
Being weak and tired or lethargic is pretty standard when starting detox. I am not sure why they let you out so soon, but whatever. Just relax and keep the stress level as low as possible. Also, try and not invent too much in your thoughts and feelings, as they will be all over the board and play tricks on you. Remember why you quit and how many problems alcohol has caused you, and focus on that, not anything else.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Boop. I was absolutely exhausted - and that lasted for a couple weeks. Each day was a bit better than the last, but full energy took awhile to be restored. Glad you are here.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good job!

I heard juicing helps with the symptoms of withdrawal.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am on Day 9 of sobriety and I'm still lazy and tired. Yes, it's normal to feel this way! Your body takes time to heal. It's too bad you have to get back into the grind so soon after detoxing. Is there any way you can take a vacation from work and have someone else take over the parenting duties for a bit?
Old 08-03-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's pretty normal - but please do see your Dr is you're at all concerned boopdiva
welcome to SR

D
Old 08-03-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Boo, I am on day 14 and am still exhausted and weak. Your schedule sounds like mine 15 years ago, lol. All I have to worry about now is me and the dogs. The dogs are a little annoyed with me but they will live. I hope you are able to find some "me" time once life gets back to normal for you, it is important to care for yourself right now. Keep us posted.