Notices

Passing along some hope...

Old 08-04-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congratulations. That is so wonderful.

Can you share with us what has worked for you? Any book recs?

Stay strong. You are an inspiration.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi eternal! I can't thank you enough for your kind words. You inspire me everyday through your posts on the grat's. Thank you for starting the threads, and sharing your journey.

I really appreciate the amazing courage and strength I see in your determination to relocate. From getting the house ready, to dealing with family, to taking on the financial aspects of the move, to starting over. All while maintaining 18 months of sobriety! You are truly inspirational!

As someone who may need to make some major changes myself, I take so much inspiration from the determination I see in your evolution. Thank you for sharing your ups and downs.

---

Thank you very much lessgravity! I appreciate the kindness you have shown me. Your question is a great one that gives me a lot to think about. I really want to do this question justice, and organize my thoughts, so I will be certain to reply tomorrow after my house guests have left and I can think without distractions.

Thanks again guys--So glad to be here, so grateful for the support, and so thankful to be able to share this journey with such a wonderful, compassionate group of people.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Great post! Thanks for sharing and not waiting! You helped me too!
Old 08-04-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

H-aving
O-ptimistic
P-ositive
E-motions
Old 08-05-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi! A quick update--- So on Friday I posted this thread about my "little spark of hope". Hope has been on my mind, because it is really what gets me through the days that are a little harder than others.

I was visiting a boutique over the weekend and making a small purchase. At the checkout stand was a tray of small silver inspirational words that looked much like coins. Smack in the middle was the word "hope". Even cooler--when I turned it around there was a picture of an angel with big beautiful wings--it reminded me of my avatar. Had to have it as a gentle reminder, and I'm keeping it close at hand.

This morning when I opened my e-mail, the words "Choose Hope" were at the top of my subject line, from a source I had subscribed to some time ago in a drunken haze---I thought it was pretty cool, kind of like an affirmation.

lessgravity, in answer to your question, I would have to say that for me, joining my February class thread has been one of the most helpful tools I have used. The support and camaraderie we share is priceless. I definitely recommend joining one of the classes.

I've thought and thought about all the tools that I've used, but really, hope for a better tomorrow, and the support of my February friends, have been two of the best.

I see chronic alcohol abuse as creating a "brain injury", and I know that it will take time to heal. When I get frustrated with my progress, I try to consider the healing that has taken place so far, and this gives me hope that things will get better. I simply cannot drink if I am to heal. There is no part of me that wants my old life back...it was not genuine.

Best to you on your journey.

Much love,

MV
Old 08-05-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Love your post, MV!! I am on Day 5. I am even more motivated to make a new life for myself thanks to your post! Best wishes to you!! FS
Old 08-05-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for this post. Its given me a little bit of hope on yet another day 1. And congrts 2 you. I truly hope someday I can do as well as you have.