Notices

try to stay sober this weekend with us 2nd 3rd & 4th

Old 08-04-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

*ring ring* happy Sunday

Potty traing my 2.5 yr old today. So will be home all day. Will be checking in frequently.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Another day another Transcendental Meditation session.

Stay strong all!
Old 08-04-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Good morning. Woke up early and hangover free
I have a work meeting this morning and I am working overnight so it will be a working Sunday but it is ok, I am in a great mood
Old 08-04-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Finally have a recipe for today.... Braised chicken thighs with button mushrooms. That outta do the trick.

If I don't stay active on Sundays I always get to wanting. But... The answer is always the same. I don't drink.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I shared it with the 24 hours club but I also want to share it with you guys: It's a great song I am sure we can all identify with and we NEVER have to feel that way again
Sunday Morning Coming Down - lyrics - Johnny Cash - YouTube
Old 08-04-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Feeling better today as I actually let my ABF know what I was thinking last night; usually I avoid and act as if everything fine. Made dinner at home and went for a walk; I've been walking a lot more as my cholesterol too high. I'm thinking too much ice cream from early sobriety! Ah well! No big plans today but really trying to soak in the summer as I noticed milkweed pods have formed in the meadow and that is a sign for me fall coming. This thread is rockin' this weekend and everyone doing such a great job at sobriety!!!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Morning Me Hearties,
Had trouble falling asleep last night like usual but was able to sleep in for the first time in forever. :-) So, my house is surrounded by ringing sounds. All the kids on our block have the ringing bells on their bikes, plus we have wind chimes, plus I have little bells at the back door that I've trained our dog to ring for potty time. So, basically, there are little bells ringing all the time around here. Now if that doesn't remind me of sobriety then nothing will. Thanks hail, M, and all for such a lovely metaphor. I'm re-imaging a laptop this morning for the wife then we'll go out for lunch. There's a great little place that serves these things called lobster rolls. It's basically a big lobster sandwich with a fancy sauce on it. yummis maximus. Have a great and sober day SR peeps!

Yours,
Cas
Old 08-04-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Good Day weekenders,

Slept a little better last night, even though I skipped the Melatonin and my ears were ringing (and still are!) from last nights rockin' music.

I've changed my signature to reflect my mood after hearing those lyrics in a song from my favorite band, Porcupine Tree.

The song title is Arriving Somewhere.... Not Here and that is also the title of the DVD I was watching last night. Highly recommended for you rockers out there!

Life has changed completely for me and I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!

As always, a pleasure to share with the good people of SR.... so glad I'm here and all of you are as well.

RING, RING!

Old 08-04-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone,
Coffee is one of my best friends. My cats are wanting attention, of course. The morning ritual with them is interesting. I had no clue that cats were habitual.
Anyways- I think I will do laundry. Turn in my final. Go for a walk. My husband was talking about finding a creek or river which would sound fun except for this article that I read recently about a brain eating parasite that was found in a lake. It was in Arkansas, and I live in California. But......

Ken- I need to go and find a bell to ring. Thank you for sharing your adventure

Mecanix- I find it hilarious that Judas Priest is coming through the speakers, as you are mindfully meditating. My brother is a heavy metal fan. Needless to say, I have grown up listening to the greats.

Butterfly- I am excited for your garden, and also excited that you have one week. YA!

Riky- I do agree that those grandchildren are more sunshine than the Sun would ever give. I am so happy for you.

PT- Travel safely back home.

Carlotta- Your Avatar cracks me up. So, when you write something joyful, I am forever laughing.

Sober- Good for you for talking. I hope things will be well.

Hail- Good luck with the training. We will be here.

Lessgravity- Good for you. Does this mean that you are meditating today?

Casc- All of that ringing will surely keep you on your toes.

I know i forgot some......

Inperfect- How are you?

Hope- I am glad to see that you are well.

Everyone else- I hope you are well, and keeping strong. We are doing this!!!
I am off to look around SR and say Good Morning!
Old 08-04-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hi all,

It is a beautiful Sunday here and I am so glad to be hangover free. Today is my mom's BDAY so will be enjoying the day with her and my daughter. My brother and SIL will be coming over later for a cookout and cake.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Hang in there - weekend is almost over!
Old 08-04-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Thanks M for keeping an eye for me :0)

Weasel that's so funny, really made me chuckle, walking over to some random bike and ringing it's bell lol!!

I was up and out early this morning cleaning and painting our old house ready for new tenant's to move in. It's gross cleaning somebody else's dirt, YUK!!!

Sat now with my Sunday roast (thanks to my MIL) catching up on here x
Old 08-04-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

OK. It's Sunday night now and I've turned up for work on time, sober and not hung over. It's been a good weekend but I've really had to put a bit of effort in to prevent myself becoming overcome by cravings. I went to AA meetings Friday evening straight after work, Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. That's a lot of time to listen to people who are in recovery and I only shared once for a few minutes. But it really has made a difference - making me appreciated the good things that I have in my life and reminding me clearly of the very many problems that would recurr if I drink again.

Thanks SR guys for helping me to stay sober and being so supportive. I may well log in later just to keep connected. I'm delighted to hear what your guys up to even if it's no great drama.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Beautiful day here. Got a lot accomplished. Smooth sailing so far......
Hope every1 is having a great day!
Old 08-04-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

When I saw the bell I got so excited! I used to have one way way way back when.... Yes... Had to ring it....!

An is going down... Great day!
Old 08-04-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

It's the end of another weekend and it finished off just right, me the dog and a blanket curled up on the sofa with a movie..... The Note Book first time watching it and I cried and cried. Such a wonderful romantic film.

Thank you all for keeping me strong this weekend.

Good Night x
Old 08-04-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I finished the paper. It is now out of my hands and being put under a magnifying glass. I did my very best.
I am cooking an early dinner. Rosemary garlic chicken with mashed potatoes and salad.
Even though it is hot out, I feel like I need some comfort food. Laundry is in and I will rest up for the upcoming week.
It is good to see so many people on this thread doing well and being sober.

Dorris- I have not seen the Notebook. I have heard its a water work type movie. I am glad you enjoyed it.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:52 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders, thank you so much for being here this weekend. I always enjoy this thread but found a lot of inspiration this weekend in particular, and I love that we have some new folks joining us every week. Love meeting you (if only virtually) and hearing your stories and sharing your strength.

Got back a couple of hours ago from my Sunday night AA meeting and tonight's guest speaker was a 26 year old guy celebrating his 5th (that's FIVE!!) year of sobriety. Damn, all I could think was how I wish I had been that smart at his age. But better late than never, right? It's never, ever too late. And we can all be free

So, off to bed and thanks again, Mecanix, for starting the thread and for all of you Lovelies for your strength and wisdom this weekend.

((Hugs))
Old 08-05-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

MIzzuno, I'm pleased you finished your paper, I bet it feels great knowing it's not hanging over your head. Good luck with the results.

Ptcapote glad you enjoyed your weekend, I look forward to catching up with you next weekend.

Hope everyone has a good week x