Notices

try to stay sober this weekend with us 2nd 3rd & 4th

Old 08-03-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post

I kept a small tub of luxury chocolate chip in the freezer (hidden from the family inside a frozen peas bag ) for those moments when i "needed" a treat for about the first 3 months of sobriety, that and tazmanian honey ...
This is so funny. I completely understand the "hiding" of the chocolate. Who would look in a pea bag anyways? Good idea Mecanix. I should do this with my Coconut waters, or Guayaki Teas that I bring home. One minute it is there, and the next my husband is cruising around the house with my beverage. Ha! I'll show him..... Im going to put the drinks in different containers. Then the idea that I should share comes into play......What to do?
Old 08-03-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Bump!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Well the rain held off so the outdoor stuff was a success

Oh and got the girlfriends car fixed

Hey " m " you'da man 100 weeks
Old 08-03-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Little after 8pm here on the east coast. *Ring Ring* Still on my bike heading for Monday. Its nice to not be half way through a bottle or be cashing out a bar tab that I really could not afford. Have a great rest of the evening. I could not have done this without you all.

Last edited by hail; 08-03-2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-03-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

*ring ring* weekenders,
Had a great day. Met up with a friend from my guitar group and we picked out some music to work on. Trimmed some nasty bushes. Watched the movie "Identity Thief" which was pretty funny. Now getting ready to close out this sober day. See you tomorrow.

Peace,
Cas
Old 08-03-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Happy Saturday!

Had a hard time sleeping last night after a long conversation with a good friend about some of the tragedies I've experienced in my life. In the past, I would have started smoking pot and drinking beer to get over it..... BUT NOT TODAY!!

So here I am with my peeps at SR on sat night.... with my favorite band blasting on the stereo and tears of joy streaming down my face.....

NO Weasel, Sobriety DOESN'T SUCK!!

My new life ROCKS!

Old 08-03-2013, 08:58 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders, late night check-in for me! Just got back from a move--"The To Do List." Pretty damn funny but I think you had to be in high school in the late 80s/early 90s to really appreciate it. I graduated high school in 1992 so it was such a blast from the past for me. So many things I totally forgot about that have completely disappeared from popular culture these days---mostly for the good

It was funny nonetheless but definitely made me feel my age.

Other than that, had a lovely sushi dinner at a wonderful Asian fusion place downtown.

Funny, I used to avoid all of the mom and pop restaurants in Philly's Chinatown and other ethnic neighborhoods because they didn't have a liquor license and I was too lazy to remember to BYOB most of the time---if it even was an option.

Now that I am sober a whole new world has opened up to me in dining choices so I am loving it!!

Slept way late this morning (almost 11:30AM) and it felt great.

Breakfast at our favorite neighborhood diner tomorrow morning (homemade blueberry pancakes!) and then back to DC in the afternoon.

Will check in with you all tomorrow.

Oh...and Mecanix?? You are fabulous!!! 100 weeks in completely awesome.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Just an evening check in with everyone. I had a good day
On my front porch right now sober, smoking a cigarette and listening to my neighbors' mariachi band (they are actually really good) on a beautiful evening. It does not get any better than that.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

me too Carlotta, just checkin' in. had a great sober Saturday. weekends are always a challenge so glad I made this far..day 7 done and dusted!
Old 08-04-2013, 01:59 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Thin Lizzy and Judas Priest are selected on the i-pod , ROCKING THIS MORNING wooo !

Happy sober sunday y'all .

Hope were all driving our sober bikes down the higway of life , you might fall off, hit a pothiole and wobble , take a tumble but that is no reason to throw the bike in the ditch and stomp off and hide away from the fun in the drunk isolation room .

My Bike has a bell *ring ring* the first *ring* is a bell of mindfullnes to call us all together to remember the pain and suffering caused in our lives by alcohol / drugs .

The second *ring* is the is the freedom bell ringing out to tell you that you're FREE

Have a good sober sunday , i'm off to make coffee and toast

Bestwishes, m
Old 08-04-2013, 02:43 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Just popping in to say I'm luvin' this hangover free Sunday morning! Rrrrrrring rrrrrring!!!! Gave my garden a makeover yesterday and it's looking nice. Going to plant a herb garden with my children today. Day 6 today and feeling good
Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!
Old 08-04-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Up early ready to drive into the city for my favorite breakfast! A little put door place in the village that serves the best eggs and sasauge.

This thread is kicking this weekend! So great to see so many!

Ring ring!

K
Old 08-04-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hey, Mecanix, thanks for starting this thread. I kept looking for a weekenders thread on Friday and Saturday. Love hearing from others who may struggle with weekends. I won't say I struggled-I feel good and am anticipating a good day where I remember most of what I do and say. Here I thought it was all the alcohol making my memory not so good-when in fact, that is just me! :-) It's all good-glad to be here.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by earthsteps View Post
I will be staying sober all weekend! Going to enjoy my kids, they go back to school in 2 weeks. (secretly thrilled though... shhh, don't tell anyone).
We won't tell anyone....psst...we all have felt that way! :-) Love the Office Max or Staples back to school commercials that have the Christmas song "It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" playing in the background!
Old 08-04-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

you don't have to do this alone... there's strength in numbers

Hi weekenders

I'm up early 7:00 am. I'm so grateful to look over and see my two grandchildren , still asleep , snuggled, side by side. They love each other. They love me

Why would I ever want to go back to drugs

I have so much to be grateful for , without them.

It's a little rainy here , but the weatherman promised sunshine , we'll see

Have a good Sunday

Tr
Old 08-04-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Well done ladybug , im so proud of you. Its so, so hard to do but you did , good luck in staying focused ,we are all in the same boat xx
Old 08-04-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I'm so grateful to look over and see my two grandchildren , still asleep , snuggled, side by side. They love each other. They love me
Sounds like you got all the sunshine a man could cope with right there in that room Ricky

m
Old 08-04-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Correction - this is not day 6 for me... IT'S DAY 7!!!! Yay!!! My brain is obviously still a bit foggy lol
Old 08-04-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

7 days is cool Butterfly

Hope Dorris checks in soon ,

I think i saw somewhere that Tisa had achieved quite a few days but didn't want to make a big thing about it , So i certainly will be careful not to mention that , and not say

Onwards
Old 08-04-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Just back from breakfast and a stroll by the water.

As I was walking I saw a bike chained up by a tree..... It had one of those old fashioned bells on it.... I went right up and did a *ring ring*!

The person I was with said what was that for? I just smiled and said nothing.... But that was for my sobriety today.