Notices

try to stay sober this weekend with us 2nd 3rd & 4th

Old 08-02-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Rain with thunderstorms here in Wales and I'm dancing sober in the living room with the kids to One Direction........ This sober journey has more ups and downs than a lift
Old 08-02-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Since I am unemployed weekends and weekdays all seem the same :-) Not much planned, my daughter works tonight, tomorrow night and Sunday night so will not be seeing her. Guess it depends on the weather, if it is nice out I will work on all the outside chores I neglected. If the weather is crappy the inside of the house will get attention. Trying to get myself to go to a meeting but am still having a hard time with the AA thing.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm planning to work tomorrow ,go to a meeting and go to a party at a friends,I don't worry about alcohol because I don't really like to drink,if there was bottles of oxys around,well,then we'd have a big problem.I've taken a new outlook on meetings and I'm trying to participate as much as I feel I should. Doing the work,I'm really doing it for a change. It's not as hard as I thought and its rewarding.itll be a good weekend ,sobers a always better,have a good one everyone...
Old 08-02-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuLu13 View Post
Trying to get myself to go to a meeting but am still having a hard time with the AA thing.
Hey Lulu,
You can just go to a meeting and not do the whole AA thing. I used to go to meetings all the time, but never got past step 1. And there is such a variety of them. I used to really enjoy going to meetings in the beginning of my sobriety.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks, mecanix. This post was a nice boost for me tonight.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Sometimes I feel like with 8 months I should be able to handle feeling upset/angry with a craving thrown in for good measure. Tonight I'm not feeling so strong. The ABF and I are on a different page and I'm getting sick of adjusting my mood/actions/everything around him. Instead of dealing with him I've decided to just feel my feelings and be by myself tonight. I decided the safest thing for me to do tonight to ensure my sobriety is to get in my jammies, check in on SR, and surf around for something to watch on tv.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:12 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Day 1 again and tonight I still have the fear and paranoia. Angry at myself.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

It is my third night so far - tomorrow night may be a bit of a test for me, but I am not scared and am so thankful for all of the inspirational words I'm able to browse through on SR! XOXO
Old 08-02-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Day 17 here and going well. Tomorrow I will be going to the beach and a late AA meeting and Sunday will be cleaning, laundry, food shopping and resting along with a AA meeting... I am in for a sober weekend.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Hey Weekenders!

I'm here but just a little late... my internet connection has been kinda sketchy today. Glad it cleared up so I could join in the sober w/e celebration.

Ladybug, congratulations on dumping that poison! Stay here with us and we will get you through to the other side! Way to pick yourself up off the mat and get right back on the sober horse!

Hoping to get some cleaning done and get back into the woods for another hike.

Peace to ALL!

Old 08-02-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm in!!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ohta View Post
Hey Lulu,
You can just go to a meeting and not do the whole AA thing. I used to go to meetings all the time, but never got past step 1. And there is such a variety of them. I used to really enjoy going to meetings in the beginning of my sobriety.
Thanks, Ohta, the meeting was good and the people much friendlier and more welcoming than the ones I have encountered at other meetings.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:03 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I'm in for another sober weekend! It's so nice to see so many other people on this thread. I wish I could say I was going to do something new and exciting but really it will be the same old stuff. But it sure is nice doing things without a hangover!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:26 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

what a great idea
I starting my week on Friday hanging out with grand daughter, but not matter what I do I will do it sober. and love in it.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:38 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Happy Saturday everyone ,

(i know in SD and Hawaii you have a bit more time to go )

I hope everyone who posted has made it , if not and you're reading this , It's a new day you get to try again Back on the sober bike , back on the highway .

Today i'm chasing down a missing parcel, i think the posty managed to not put a card through the door to tell me it was at the sorting office . I hope it's still there and hasn't been sent on to be returned to sender as it's been a week or so now
My commute and work takes from 6am till 7pm round trip 5 days a week so getting to things like the post office is v. difficult .

Then it's shopping with mum who has paranoid schizophrenia and now COPD, a slow and dithery doubling backwards and forwards round the supermarket .
( due to her having to follow her list in order, rather than scaninning through the whole list at each aisle and picking things up as we go up and down each aisle ... Don't Ask .. Just Accept it along with the vacant staring at the shelves, i think sometimes the sensory input from all the packaging and goods is bewildering for her ) .

I get to practaice my patience and serenity on this trek ..He He He

Bestwishes, m
Old 08-03-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Acheleus.... Put those feeling aside for the next 48 hours. I found that if I did that after a slip I could get back a bit faster.... Cuz in 48 to 72 hours later I felt a lot better.

How many days did you go? I think it was quit a bit and you will continue to do it.

M.... Wishing you and mum well today.

I am up early... Have a massage at 9am. The typical chores.

K
Old 08-03-2013, 02:12 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Can't sleep on this early Saturday but enjoying reading SR and just taking it easy on myself. Thanks weasel, I am just gonna throw myself some love, treat myself like I would a friend. Day 2 now and getting out of the scary anxiety.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good Morning Weekenders,

it's 10 weeks for me today......................day 70

the last 10 days have been tough, emotions all over the place and the urge has been really strong.

Feeling a little more in control and positive I'm going to make it this weekend x
Old 08-03-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Acheleus your doing the right thing, stay close to SR and just think if you can make it this weekend the chances are your going to make it through the week.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:19 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I've got to write a paper for a graduate class. Normally I'd celebrate by getting plastered. Not this weekend.