SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Doing the happy dance from beneath the fog (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/302817-doing-happy-dance-beneath-fog.html)

SnoozyQ 08-02-2013 03:21 AM

Doing the happy dance from beneath the fog

Today i got it , i finally GOT IT .The penny dropped.I DONT EVER want to drink again! I awoke with a bit of a spring in my step instead of feeling hungover-which is very unusual for this sluggish 51 year old nanna/ mum of 4. My son turns 34 and i'm here to see it. I felt a sense of euphoria , I dyed the greys out of my hair , made poached eggs and coffee for my daughter and i then i ventured into the shower to shave my legs .This was to be an ordeal as i hibernated like a bear for months and grew hair to match. 5kgs lighter after losing all that hair,i even put some makeup on and we ventured to the shops , bought my son his birthday pressies , got my hair cut , bought some nice warm clothes and pjs , did a bit of food shopping - which i usually detest , picked my 16 year old up from school , then came home to my bewildered dogs who couldn't believe i had been out all day. i'm sure i heard one mutter " wtf " . :dee

Dollyangel17 08-02-2013 03:25 AM

Glad you are feeling so good. Keep strong and it will continue:-)

ImperfectlyMe 08-02-2013 03:31 AM

Snooz sooo happy for you many of those days to come!

trikyriky 08-02-2013 03:39 AM

I'd like some of that

Please pass the penny

Nice post to kick off my Friday

mecanix 08-02-2013 03:55 AM

Hey Snoozy ,

Stick with it :You_Rock_

Bestwishes, m

visch1 08-02-2013 04:11 AM

The wonderful thing is it can get better and better if we let it.:ring BE WELL

LadyBlue0527 08-02-2013 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ (Post 4100888)
Today i got it , i finally GOT IT .The penny dropped.I DONT EVER want to drink again! I awoke with a bit of a spring in my step instead of feeling hungover-which is very unusual for this sluggish 51 year old nanna/ mum of 4. My son turns 34 and i'm here to see it. I felt a sense of euphoria , I dyed the greys out of my hair , made poached eggs and coffee for my daughter and i then i ventured into the shower to shave my legs .This was to be an ordeal as i hibernated like a bear for months and grew hair to match. 5kgs lighter after losing all that hair,i even put some makeup on and we ventured to the shops , bought my son his birthday pressies , got my hair cut , bought some nice warm clothes and pjs , did a bit of food shopping - which i usually detest , picked my 16 year old up from school , then came home to my bewildered dogs who couldn't believe i had been out all day. i'm sure i heard one mutter " wtf " . :dee

Want to hear something fantastic? IT GETS EVEN BETTER! I just saw your sobriety date and you're coming up on 30 days. You're at about the point where I felt the same. I had a little bit of that maybe a bit sooner but you're on target with what I was feeling.

Day 67 now and if I could have ever imagined or dreamed that life could be like this I would have quit for good years ago. I'm thankful that I have it now.

Keep on keeping on, you have some awesome days ahead! Sure, cravings once in a wall but they're nowhere near what they were in the past.

Thanks for the post! I am so happy for you. So often we get to lament with someone about the similarities of being drunk. Even more awesome is to read posts from people who get it and are reaping the benefits of sobriety.

I read them and I want to hug them and say "See? See? This CAN be done and it's fan effing tastic!"

LDT 08-02-2013 04:52 AM

Yes it's fantastic. And it continues to get better the longer we remain sober. You're not going to believe how good you will feel and look after a few months! ( p.s...I had a chuckle over your "shaving legs" comment, snoozy. )

Dee74 08-02-2013 05:01 AM

great going Snoozy :)

D

SnoozyQ 08-02-2013 05:08 AM

Thanks guys , its great to hear from all of you and yes , isn't it nice to have some positives when we are feeling sooooo good after years of feeling , down, guilty , ill etc etc ....shout it from the rooftops ;-) LIFE IS GOOD :c011:

Anna 08-02-2013 05:41 AM

It sounds like a day of lots of positive changes. Good for you.

Happyfeet 08-02-2013 07:07 AM

Love happy posts:thanks