Notices

Hello everyone. Want to get and be better.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. Want to get and be better.

Hey everyone my name is Sunny I am new to the boards and was looking for a safe place to talk to people who understand what I am going through. I used to be a star athlete and never did anything not even smoke. Then I tried out college, which ended up not being for me. I started drinking ( minimally ), smoking weed, and taking ecstasy. Eventually, I left school and started working. I stopped taking ecstasy ( that was just a phase ) I continued to smoke weed ( which isn't a problem for me I haven't smoked in 6 years, but about 7 years ago I started taking Oxycodone.

It started out with the 10 mgs and then I was introduced to the 30 mgs. I started out eating them, but then about 4 years later started snorting them. I always told myself I could stop whenever I wanted to and that it was just for fun. But I soon began spending obscene amounts of money on pills. I neglected my financial responsibilities and was bored and miserable without being under the influence. I just recently decided to look in the mirror and be honest with myself.

I never thought I had a problem, because I paid the bills that needed to be paid, I went to work, I was never under the influence when I was on the job, and it didn't effect my relationships with my family, friends, or boyfriend. Only recently have I really looked into what I have been doing and no one can say they took a narcotic for 7 years and that is ok or acceptable in any way. I want to learn how to be happy again without a substance. I'm trying to quit that and smoking cigarettes which is even harder. lol

Thank you for letting me get all that out and I'm glad I was able to find this forum.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

Good for you for recognizing that you need to stop using the drugs now before things get worse. I think you will be surprised to find, in retrospect, that the oxycodone was having a significant effect on your life. I know you will find lots of support here.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Sunny I hope you find the help and support you need here x
Old 08-01-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Sunny. I'm new here but very hopeful!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR sunny - you'll find a lot of support here in Newcomers
You might like to also check out our substance abuse forum as well:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 08-01-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi SunnyDay! It's wonderful to have you here. After I joined SR I didn't feel alone anymore. I hope you'll find the support you're looking for & I'm glad you've decided to make this big change in your life.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, hi sunny I'm new here and not real familiar with forums in the first place so I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. If I'm in the wrong room I'm sorry. I'm freddiejay a writer who suffers from the disease of addiction. Heroin and alcohol was the drugs of choice. I've put together a little clean time but it really is a daily reprieve so I just focus on that. I'm kinda nervous but once I get comfortable I'm sure my altruistic personality ill shine through.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you so much everyone for the welcome and replies! And hello Freddie! We can be new together! I already feel good about joining. I just want to learn how to face lives hardships and be happy and enjoy life again without oxycodone.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family!