Notices

Hangin' in there

Old 08-01-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hangin' in there

Hi all .Just checking in, reading some posts and staying strong ......so far , the tiredness is easing up a little , the cravings arent controlling me at the moment I AM controlling them.Taking myself off to bed early. Get into my pjs straight after work so my mind tells me its bedtime soon.Retraining my way of thinking. It gets a little easier now the fog is beginning to lift from the alcoholic haze.Real life can be scary tho....trying to adjust to real feelings and actually FEELING, instead of numbing. Almost a month now ...i CAN do this. Surely this time i can ,but still havecdeep seated doubts as i have got to 6 months , then a year , then 4 months .Whatvis going to make thisvtime different? Hopefully this time is my last time ..hopefully........
Old 08-01-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just take it day by day, don't take the first drink, no matter what. You deserve sobriety, check in here daily and do whatever works best for yourself to stay sober.
Bloss
Old 08-01-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hangin' in there is exactly right. Keep going.

Life can be scary and it's ok to be scared sometimes. And frustrated or depressed or whatever. These are just feelings and they pass.

The upside is that now there can be joy and excitement and laughter. And now it's real.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

what is gonna make this time different - thats up to you Snoozy

I really believe we get out of our recovery what we put into it, so don't stint...give it all you have

D
Old 08-01-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was always relapsing too, til I finally wanted to be sober more than I wanted to drink. Then I 'got it'.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah, the first couple months is crazy. I can't believe how much different life gets. Just keep focusing on doing one thing a little bit better than the day before. A bunch of little steps makes a big one. Keep up the good work.