Notices

Doctor says, withdrawal..GO FOR IT!

Old 07-31-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doctor says, withdrawal..GO FOR IT!

Many thanks for the great advice I received here... I went to a great doctor & told him of my many drinking woo's...Years of dealing with the drink..He took pity on me & gave me a script for 212 tabs of Librium to kick this monkey off my back...I'm told that taking the Librium will leave me with almost no withdrawal side effects this time, 3-5 days on my meds & I good to go...I really needed this, I plan on doing the big withdrawal this weekend..ROCK & ROLL
Old 07-31-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a good plan and I'm glad you talked to your dr.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes

D
Old 07-31-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, I agree and am happy you took the steps towards sobriety!! However, does that seem to be a lot of Librium tabs? I assume you were given a follow up appointment soon to monitor your progress? Stay with your plan, as I've said, sober life is fun, not boring at all!!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Goingdown - I'm glad you got your doctor's advice. A whole new life will be yours - you can do this. I hope you'll post about your feelings & how it's going.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Twofish View Post
Yes, I agree and am happy you took the steps towards sobriety!! However, does that seem to be a lot of Librium tabs? I assume you were given a follow up appointment soon to monitor your progress? Stay with your plan, as I've said, sober life is fun, not boring at all!!
that seems like a huge amount of tablets-god only how long the course is-they're also highly addictive from what I've reah on here and various other info boards-mainly medical advice boards-seems EXTRAORDINALLY high that, I hope it's a typo for that amount is surely going to have hm addicted in no time at all.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joey8262 View Post
that seems like a huge amount of tablets-god only how long the course is-they're also highly addictive from what I've reah on here and various other info boards-mainly medical advice boards-seems EXTRAORDINALLY high that, I hope it's a typo for that amount is surely going to have hm addicted in no time at all.
I am inclined to agree. Librium is a benzodiazepine and very addictive.
Hope the doctor has organized a sound taper plan......

I started tranquillizers to deal with alcoholism and became seriously addicted to them.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Goingdownslo wrote: " I went to a great doctor & told him of my many drinking woo's...Years of dealing with the drink..He took pity on me & gave me a script for 212 tabs of Librium to kick this monkey off my back."

I am prohibited to give medical advice on this website and I will not second guess your doctor. I speak only from experience. This is based on 40 years of binge drinking and periodic relapses throughout followed by twenty five years of sobriety. If I were to relapse again and my doctor offered me script for such a large amount of that medication I would request him to authorize me only one week's supply and to keep close track on any renewals by me after that period so that he had strict control over whether I was taking the medication as prescribed.
I am not saying what either you or what your doctor should do in this situation. I am only saying what I would do if I were to relapse and start drinking again.I see that you are situated in Florida.
Good luck with your detox and every good wish for a safe and effective recovery.

W.

Last edited by wpainterw; 08-09-2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Added the second to last sentence
Old 08-09-2013, 08:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My guess is "212" is a typo of "12"

so everyone relax
Old 08-09-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Notmyrealname. I'm so glad that it's only a typo! I'm completely relaxed as to what I would do under the circumstances I describe. I might add that I would also ask for a periodic random urine test during the first two months.

W.