Notices

day off tomorrow

Old 07-31-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day off tomorrow

I have the day off tomorrow and would really love to have a drink right now. This is what happens I start negotiating with myself and say I will only drink on my nights off but then it becomes everynight again...sick of the mind games I make with myself...
Old 07-31-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Needabetterlife, I understand! Those thoughts can be so very convincing, but you must stay strong and tomorrow you will wake up with a clear head and feel so good about yourself.

My inner thoughts tell me that I don't really have a problem and I am perfectly able to drink in moderation. Every time I have tried in the past I have ended up drinking too much and every night. I'm not arguing with myself this time around instead, I am telling myself that I don't want to drink full stop!!! I want to be fit and healthy and alcohol does not fit into the new me that I am trying to create. I try to visualise the me who used to be into fitness and looked and felt great (many, many moons ago) and would drink sparkling mineral water instead of wine!
Old 07-31-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Don't do it! You know how you'll wake up the next day - feeling bad and guilty and ashamed. You can get thru this without caving in. Have a little faith in yourself!
Old 07-31-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You and only you can choose a sober life. I tried just one drink for many years. It does not work. You would not be here if you believed it did. You can do this, one day at a time. I am praying for you.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stay strong! Make plans to stay busy tomorrow (go to AA meeting, shop, walk, go out to eat)--whatever it takes. Take it one hour at a time instead of looking at it as a whole day.