Notices

I'm New

Old 07-31-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm New

Hello,
I am new to all of this and having a real problem even starting this process. i joined a few years ago and this is my 1st post. i was having a problem that i kicked but apparently not very well b/c i started again. i have been trying to stay clean but still dealing with the depression and sadness. i have lost everything (house, partner, vehicle, job) & i am terrified that i may mess up again & start using to numb what i am feeling.
this entire thing is so embarassing for me. i have (had) a great job! 2 kids, a good relationship, money, nice car, nice house. it is all gone now! it has been one thing after another for the past year. i can't catch a break.
i always feel judged and i don't even have the energy to put on an act like everything is ok! (i used to be very good at that - nobody ever knew anything was wrong) now i don't talk to anyone, my firends, family, nobody.....
i know everyone is going through something, but this has never happened to me before! I'm not handling it very well.
i don't even know if this is what i was suppsoed to do with this but... oh well .... (haha) thank you for listening.
any information or advice would be lovely!

Ready 4 my life back! - Ready4Help
Old 07-31-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good Morning Ready,
I'm sorry you've lost so much....addiction does that....but we can re claim our lives Glad you've decided to post and begin a dialogue here.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you're ready for help. It sounds like you have lost a lot in your life due to addiction, as many of us have and that you are motivated to stop. You can talk to us about anything, and we do understand how hard this is.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! you are in the right place. it is time to heal yourself and get your life back. We are all here for you!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello. Yes, this is what you are supposed to do. Good job for posting. Getting it out is good. Especially here where others know exactly what you are going through. The further you get away from the addiction, the depression will lessen. Especially when the guilt lifts. Check out urge surfing. It's a way to relax thru anxiety and mood swings. It has helped me so much! Try to be present. Do one thing at a time and focus on it. Hugs to you!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi and thank you for posting what you are going through, you are not alone,

hang in there because you are making progress by coming here and you will get plenty of support

best regards, trish
Old 07-31-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"i have been trying to stay clean but still dealing with the depression and sadness."

Does this mean you are still drinking? I know it sounds cliche, but stopping the alcohol intake is the most basic first step, and it's a big one. The self-analyzing, assessments, figuring out your place, friends, family, etc - that is something best dealt with once you've got some sobriety under your belt.

Sounds like you're going through this alone. Have you got a plan in place to quit? Have you thought about groups like AA, or perhaps Rational Recovery or another self-monitoring type plan? Sobriety starts with a plan, and taking small steps....
Old 07-31-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I lost a lot due to my addiction, too. SR has been a huge part of my recovery, and glad to see you back here and posting.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-31-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

A belated welcome to the family! You can do this! Just take it one day at a time and don't drink for today.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome! Your screen name says it all! If you are READY, willing and want sobriety more than being high, you CAN do it! Positive thoughts = positive results.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ready4help

everyone here knows how you feel - we understand - I think posting is a great step forward...you'll get a lot of advice and support here...I find that really helps ...especially in the early days

D