Notices

Day 3 sucked!

Old 07-31-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

What helped me was getting it straight in my head that for me alcohol was no reward.

It also did not calm me down, make me less angry, solve any problems, make me sleep better, make me forget or provide me with hours of fun.

I wish you the best
xx
Old 07-31-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I felt so much better on day 4 too! Good job!
Old 07-31-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh dear --- these things are sent to try us !! annoying but the 3 days without helped you so much so forget that little hiccup and just start again !! nobody thinks any less of you and I think it shows how strong you are sharing your LITTLE blip with us xxxxxxxx just start again and chin up !!! NOT bottoms up !! HA xxxx
Old 07-31-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Looking forward to hearing from you in the morning or any time tomorrow !! At least the shopping day is over -- tomorrow I think the forecast is good - go out in the fresh air with the children in the countryside if poss and make a picnic and have a full day doing nothing !!!less stress more success !! Don't give up xx
Old 07-31-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

It'll be alright Scotgirl. Please stop drinking right away. Check in with us when you can.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you hit a bump in the road but tomorrow's a new day, dust off and give it another go it took me a year from when I first mustered up the balls to give sobriety a shot (13-14 months ago, actually) and 2-3 relapses from month-plus-long stints of not drinking to get to where I am now, which is feeling pretty solid. So, it may not be a snap of the fingers, I guess is what I am saying, but if you keep trying you are sure to succeed!

Try to learn from relapses but don't get too down on yourself. You were sober for three days straight, that's great! Practice makes perfect

Originally Posted by Sasha4 View Post
What helped me was getting it straight in my head that for me alcohol was no reward.

It also did not calm me down, make me less angry, solve any problems, make me sleep better, make me forget or provide me with hours of fun.
This times one hundred. Making that connection was a big jump forward for my sobriety too.