Notices

Stress is so much worse when ur not blasted

Old 07-29-2013, 08:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hope for change

Stress is so much worse when ur not blasted

I have realized for the first time in my life since ive been sober (10 weeks) that I do not handled stress well. I've always thought of myself as carefree and laid back! When a lemon came my way I would make lemonade. Well take the vodka out of the lemonade and whhhoooooaaaa not so fun anymore. I'm struggling right now whether to make a move with my job to a different company, I was banking in this one place and really hyped the whole move up. Recently found out some info that leads me to believe I will be making somewhat of a lateral move, which really knocked the wind out of my sails. Now what to do .... Take the pay increase and keep the rules n structure , stay where I am ? Or take my chances somewhere else . Normally I would just get drunk until the problem worked itself out or so I could fall asleep at night. Times like this for me is when I miss drinking although I'm not tempted to have a drink, I just hate having to deal with issues head on. Sometimes I miss being a pansy and taking to easy war out
Old 07-29-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hope for change

Way *
Old 07-29-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

guess ya gotta "war" out instead : )

I hear ya tho...when you don't know what to do..do nothing. The answer will arrive.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is good. Dealing with our life, and what life brings is a lot better than burying ourselves in a bottle. So, this is a lateral move? It may be that this is not the right position, and something more suiting will come your way. No matter what, you are sober and dealing with what is being presented to you. This is beautiful.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey itsmytime

I think the more we deal with stuff, in time the less of a big deal it all becomes

To be honest, either path sounds pretty good to me, so try not to sweat it too much maybe?

D
Old 07-30-2013, 12:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi IMT. This comment is more about decision making rather than dealing with stress.

Have you heard of the 10's rule when making a decision?

How will you feel in 10 minutes, 10 months and 10 years with each option? Might help with your decision.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The easy way out seldom works well in the long term.

May be best to leave serious decision making further into sobriety if travelling reasonably now.