Notices

new store- unbelievable!

Old 07-29-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new store- unbelievable!

Hi everybody and happy Monday!! I haven't been on here in about a week and I've missed you guys! Everything is going well!

This is just a post because I am flabbergasted about a new store just opening here in Olympia, WA (near Seattle) called Total Wine and More. 2500 kinds of beer, 1500 wines, 1500 spirits, you can order ONLINE and go pick it up.

It's a warehouse store like Costco for alcohol only. Un-be-friggin-lievable!

There are 4 of these stores here in the Seattle area now. I'm just shaking my head! wow.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah there are stores like that here too - there's obviously a huge market, regardless of what you I or anyone else might think, and a huge amount of people who's relationship with alcohol is a normal one..

Hopefully you'll stop noticing them after a while like I do

D
Old 07-29-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

via Imgflip Meme Maker
Old 07-29-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Anything that is bad in the small variety is mega bad when it is 'force fed' to the un thinking consumer.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Whenever I see one of these places, it reminds of the scene in Leaving Las Vegas with Nicolas Cage walking through Liquor Barn, loading a basket with 1.75 Liter handles of every kind of booze imaginable.

I know that strikes a chord with me as I used to frequent Liquor Barn and Bev Mo' to get my beer. These places are like the Home Depot of liquor stores and rake in HUGE amounts of money from our alcoholic society here in the US.

Being in recovery makes me notice every outlet for booze, as I pass by. It's pretty ridiculous just how many different places you can buy this poison.... Grocery stores, Drug stores, Discount stores, World Market, Mini Marts and even Gas stations. In my small town of 5000 people, there are 2 Liquor stores, 2 Grocery stores and a gas station selling booze and 5 restaurants and 3 bars that cater to the public.... all within 1/2 mile of my house!

We have a HUGE problem with alcoholism here and it is not hard to see why!
Old 07-29-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When I lived in California I loved Bev Mo and in particular World Market.....their selection of wines from around the world were amazing! Here in Australia we have big supermarkets selling only liquor, wine and beer. Fortunately though the food supermarkets do not sell alcohol so there is no temptation there.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You know guys.......I don't know whether this thread was such a good idea. I'm thinking about how I used to love shopping in World Market.........Thank goodness there isn't the equivalent where I live now!!!