Notices

Just got suspended from work and freaking out.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
I finally get sober than this happens.
It's not cause and effect. This did not happen because you got sober. It happened because you drank. But, because you are sober NOW you will be in the best position to rectify the problem.

Good luck.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

I'm so sorry you're going through this, WWG. The good thing is that you're sober to deal with this. Imagine how much worse it would be if you were drinking when this all went down. There's nothing so bad that a drink can't make worse. I certainly will pray for you.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post

We're all here with you. No need to be embarrassed, deal with everything factually and calmly. I don't understand the at-will reference, I'm guessing that means you have no comeback through contract etc?

What about the EAP that another poster mentioned? A Union? Nobody should be left without an income.

I don't pray, but I've just looked up to the same sun you see and said - don't do this to WWG. Not now. Sending you hope, hugs and positivity across the ocean.
Thank you. I made some mistakes, and they can be fixed. I hope I just get another chance. This loss of income will crush my family. I finally get sober, and past mistakes at work catch up to me. I'm so lost.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

WWG,

Be grateful you're sober now so you can rationally and sanely correct the mistakes!

Love from Lenina
Old 07-29-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you. I made some mistakes, and they can be fixed. I hope I just get another chance. This loss of income will crush my family. I finally get sober, and past mistakes at work catch up to me. I'm so lost.
Keep calm, keep sober and look into the organisations that can help defend you. I'm talking from a UK point of view, but you have been suspended, therefore (I would hope) you will have a hearing and you are entitled to have a representative with you to look at having your suspension lifted and have your side heard. Please look into whatever free help is available to you, only the US folk can help with this, but there is must be legislation in the workplace somewhere? Surely?

Thinking of you and sending you strength and positivity.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Hang in there Walkingwithgod.

I see you post in Christians in Recovery so obviously you do pray: check out that thread, I just went through a lot of stress at work through no fault of my own and I had to trust my higher power that all would be ok. This really helped
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...back-tool.html
Old 07-29-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I walked into work after being on vacation, and was suspended without pay. I made some mistakes at work and they are reviewing them at this time. I'm scared, want to drink. I am panicking about losing my house etc. I am sober and mistakes from the past have caught up to me.
If you are walking with God please just trust him now. We can't go back and change the past. Sometimes those consequences follow us but just do the next right thing today.

Try not to project into the future. You don't know what God's plan is for you but he will make sure your needs are all met if you do put your trust in him. He may be bringing you somewhere you never expected and better than before. Worrying isn't goin to change anything, neither will drinking. Stay in this 24 Hours. Don't drink and pray. It's gonna be ok. Praying for you
Old 07-29-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I just hate the not knowing. I wish I would have done better, and can fix the mistake if I get another chance.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hang in there. We are all here for you and can help. Yes, if you have a union and have done treatment, perhaps that will help if you need to be honest.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shelpy View Post
Hang in there. We are all here for you and can help. Yes, if you have a union and have done treatment, perhaps that will help if you need to be honest.
Not a union job
Old 07-29-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like your work is following their due process WWG. There's just as much chance you'll be given another chance to make everything right as any other outcome.

The main thing of course is not to drink. In these types of situations, with all the uncertainty, the ONLY thing that is certain is that if you drink things will get worse. Staying sober will help you deal with whatever might happen down the road.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I am so scared. I would rather be dead than deal with uncertainty. I'm an embarrassment to my wife and daughter.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Stronger daily

.........................................Peace & Blessings
.....You've prepared to handle this. Breathe deep, maybe talk a walk... Slow the self perpetutating negative endorphine flow. Relax physically, and mentally.
.....Then begin a self increasing positive endorphine cascade. You know how. This too shall pass.
...............................................Wal ter
Old 07-29-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ETERNAL View Post
.........................................Peace & Blessings
.....You've prepared to handle this. Breathe deep, maybe talk a walk... Slow the self perpetutating negative endorphine flow. Relax physically, and mentally.
.....Then begin a self increasing positive endorphine cascade. You know how. This too shall pass.
...............................................Wal ter
I can't deal with this. What I did is fixable, but I screwed up.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

You're going to be okay! That was good you talked to your boss and apologized. Everybody messes up at work eventually if you work long enough! It sounds like you are a valuable employee. Your bosses know people make mistakes. I'm sure they will give you another chance! Let us know what happens! Praying for you!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

This is the true test of your faith. It's easy to say we trust God when everything is going right now let him take the wheel.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm an embarrassment to my wife and daughter.
Quiet the contrary. You have overcome alcohol and gotten sober - that's a remarkable achievement that you should be proud of, and i'm sure your wife and daughter are very proud of that as well. You don't even know if anything will happen with your job, much less something bad.

What would be a shame for yourself and them is to resort to giving up and drinking again.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I will not survive this if I am fired.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sorry you are struggling right now. I have found that if I stay sober, things REALLY do work out for the best. Even if it's not the best I wanted it to be. The outcome of your job status is going to be what it is and you will be better able to handle that if you are sober. I know someone who lost his job 4 months into sobriety- he shared this at a meeting recently. He got through it sober, found another job and was able to keep his family (his wife was on the verge of leaving him before he quit drinking). He is now over 25 years sober and says he loves his life. You can get through this. We are all here for you. I hope you hear soon so you know what the next step is.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

You will survive. In times when I am desperate I think of something worse that could be happening...If I'm not dead or in jail for life, I am still part of the game.