Notices

Complacency and Procrastination

Old 07-29-2013, 12:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Complacency and Procrastination

I have been sober now since March. Since that time, I have managed to complete all phases of the VA Substance Abuse recovery programs here in Little Rock, Arkansas, and I am now in my own VASH sponsored apartment. also, last week I received a favorable outcome on my court hearing. Life couldn't be better all things considered. Now all of a sudden, I've just been sitting in my apratment doing Facebook and "not" doing my college assignments on-line at UALR. I've been staying up until wee hours in the morning and then sleeping all day. What's up...
Old 07-29-2013, 12:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ah, procrastination, you're not the only one. I have been reading a book on it and I was surprised how much the issue of addiction comes up in it. I always thought this was an entirely separate issue but the stuff I have been reading is very AVRTish. I haven't got to the solution part of the book yet so can't help you there but it may be worth looking into yourself. Apparently there are procrastination forums and everything (which actually sounds like the worst idea ever).
Old 07-29-2013, 03:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

When I was early in recovery I was often lazy and unmotivated. It will pass. It just takes time.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
EndGame

Procrastination is just one among many of the dark passengers accompanying us in our struggles in sobriety. As long as we don't commit to a decision or take an action, we can't fail.

"The devil mixes his lies with the truth, for he must use a truth to carry his lies."

The great things you've accomplished are the truth. The lie is that things will be easier, even when you stop making an effort.