Notices

Nineteen Days Off Opiates/Alcohol.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nineteen Days Off Opiates/Alcohol.

I've got 19 days today. I'm sad to say my "moment of clarity" came while talking to a social worker employed to protect my children through a thick piece of plastic, in jail. I honestly am sad at the situation but extremely grateful for that moment.

I remember her words regarding recovery "whatever it takes". I think of that when I shy away from a meeting/sponsor/share and plenty of other things I am dealing with. I think of that when I don't want to stand up and introduce myself at a meeting, I hate doing it and I know I could get away with not doing it but her words put a spell on me, God did.

My story is deep and disturbing but I know the time will come when it will help a fellow. I'm glad to be here, recovery is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. My children are alive and well, my relationship with their father is not so well. One day at a time--24.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marcher

Welcome 19! Nineteen days off opiates is awesome! I, too, had to commit to do whatever it takes. Glad I did, glad you did now! Stick around, read posts, and share when you are ready.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by nineteen19 View Post
I've got 19 days today. I'm sad to say my "moment of clarity" came while talking to a social worker employed to protect my children through a thick piece of plastic, in jail. I honestly am sad at the situation but extremely grateful for that moment.

I remember her words regarding recovery "whatever it takes". I think of that when I shy away from a meeting/sponsor/share and plenty of other things I am dealing with. I think of that when I don't want to stand up and introduce myself at a meeting, I hate doing it and I know I could get away with not doing it but her words put a spell on me, God did.

My story is deep and disturbing but I know the time will come when it will help a fellow. I'm glad to be here, recovery is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. My children are alive and well, my relationship with their father is not so well. One day at a time--24.

There's a lot of courage in your comments.

Alcohol is the big procrastinator. We put off things at work, paying our bills, loving our families getting healthy, going to the Grand Canyon, playing with our children, appreciating what we have...

Is there anything worse than putting off living a good and authentic life?

Your "moment of clarity" is a good start.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aboard nineteen19

D
Old 07-28-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.

Being present in our kids lives is such a blessing. You have made a great decision.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you, thank you . My babies are amazing.