SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Really Struggling and want to stop now (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/302302-really-struggling-want-stop-now.html)

Scotgirl79 07-28-2013 10:25 AM

Really Struggling and want to stop now

Hi just looking for some support as im drinking too much. I want to make tomorrow a fresh start and just stop forever as i feel like im on my knees with this now. Im a mum and wife, and i cant put anyone through this anymore. I just somehow cant see things changing even tho im so desperate for that change. Im scared of the life i have with alcohol in it but im also scared of a life if hankering after it. which is just bloody selfish i know as that kind of attitiude is not fair on my children :(

least 07-28-2013 10:30 AM

:welcome You've come to the right place for support. Lots of that here. :)

Scotgirl79 07-28-2013 10:32 AM

Thanks im going to need it, I keep failing or i can get past 3 or 4 days. Totally hate myself this now.

Sasha4 07-28-2013 10:40 AM

Have you read about AVRT?

That might help you can some perspective when day 3, 4 or 5 kicks in.

I wish you the best xx

Scotgirl79 07-28-2013 10:41 AM

Hey no ive not read about that. Ill go and have a look .. thanks for that

LuLu13 07-28-2013 10:45 AM

Welcome Scotgirl, you can do it. It is not easy and I am certainly no expert at a whopping day 8 but it gets easier. Hang in there.

Scotgirl79 07-28-2013 10:51 AM

I def will i feel rotten today and i cant go through this anymore. Everyone deserves better than this. Does this site really keep people motivated?

Hevyn 07-28-2013 11:18 AM

Welcome Scotgirl! You found a great place. Believe me, we've all been where you are and we understand. I felt a lot of relief when I found SR and had people to talk to - no one else in my life understood what I was going through.

I think you'll find a lot of good suggestions and support here - SR helped me find the courage to change my life. We're glad you're here. :)

Scotgirl79 07-28-2013 11:27 AM

Thank you for that. I know its time now, if i continue my life will be ruined. At this point im feeling really low but hopeful that i can do this now.I hate alcohol and for what its done to my life.

erfra7 07-28-2013 11:35 AM

welcome scotgirl you are here and the people here are great, you will find the support that you need. from my on experience here.
you can do it, i'm doing right now. keep posting.

Tisa 07-28-2013 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Scotgirl79 (Post 4092705)
I def will i feel rotten today and i cant go through this anymore. Everyone deserves better than this. Does this site really keep people motivated?

Keep reading and posting, Scotgirl. For me it helped to research how alcohol affects the human body and mind. I had been drinking for many, many years and lost my younger sister last year to alcoholism. After that I just went on a campaign to find out as much as I could. Turns out my research lead me to the fact that I had a problem of my own. Keep reading and reading-and just knew if I didnt' do something positive I was going to get sick or end up as an entry in a "Darwin's Awards" book. I was already at a place where I had high blood pressure and high cholesterol, and suffered from depression. Guess what I found out? Alcohol abuse can lead to all of those conditions! At the least it can aggravate them. I want to be around for a long, long time and I want to be as healthy as I can be for myself and family. Find what motivates you and keep at it. For me it was researching the toxic effects of alcohol on the human body and mind-for you maybe something else. Find it and hold on it it tight. Keep coming back here!

Hevyn 07-28-2013 11:37 AM

Scotgirl - You are doing a great thing. I was in my 50's before I stopped, and my life was in shambles. I wish I'd understood what it was doing to me. You won't allow it to take over your life - you can turn everything around.

Scotgirl79 07-28-2013 11:37 AM

I will def. Im hoping tomorrow im going to feel more positive, today im as low as you can get about things! Proper revulsion on letting things go too far. But i need to try claw myself out of this!

ImperfectlyMe 07-28-2013 11:53 AM

Welcome scot in a mommy too! Yes this site can keep you motivated, at least it has for me!

Scotgirl79 07-28-2013 11:56 AM

So hoping it does and i can get to two weeks and beyond and feel normal again and proud also!

terry9 07-28-2013 12:05 PM

Hi-- I did a lot the same as Tisa and researched on the Internet about the harm alcohol has on you emotionally and physically -- I stopped and then became really interested in my health and lost a lot of weight mainly through not drinking a gallon of cider every night oh and plus the wine that any guests may have left in a bottle !! But if you are drinking a great deal then I think you need to have advice from your doctor as well because it is not good for your body just to stop suddenly and also he may prescribe Campral tablets to help . Hope you are ok xxxx and good luck x when I water my garden with the watering can I realise that it holds a gallon of liquid ---- where did I put it all in my body AND only from 4 30 pm after work !! no wonder I resembled a barrel of cider !! HA xxxx not funny actually !!!!! xxxxx You will find help here xxx

Scotgirl79 07-28-2013 01:25 PM

Thanks for the message. Im okish now better than earlier i now know what needs to be done and instead of dispare im starting to feel kind of excited about things as ive been looking through the threads. I def know i need the moral support so i def need to stick to this site and keep reading and posting along with others xxx

DisplacedGRITS 07-28-2013 01:51 PM

Hey Scotgirl! Yeah, i was caught up in that 3-4 day cycle as well. For me to push past that, i got on here a lot and i went to AA meetings. They helped me stay focused on my goals. And when i achieved those goals, i had to make sure that my reward wasn't booze! When you start feeling that pull in your gut that leads you to that drink, come here first. It's going to be an uncomfortable feeling. You're used to dealing with things all alone and that leads you to drinking. Basically, you're not able to be accountable for yourself right now so come to us. We'll take that burden from you if you let us. If you are able to be honest with yourself and others, you can get sober. Believe me, if i can do it, anyone can do it!

Dee74 07-28-2013 02:41 PM

welcome to SR Scotgirl :)

D

Scotgirl79 07-29-2013 12:50 AM

Hey thank you displacedgrits and dee, ive just got the book by jason vale and im going to read it today. Im going to start exercising also. Feel a bit weird today tbh but i know myself within 2 orso days im back to laughing with more energy. I will be on here the minute i start feeling i want so wine and to chill out. But im bloody determined now, if i can get to two weeks i know then ive a bloody good fighting chance of cracking this. I detest alcohol and i dont want it anywhere near me. I was never a drinker till the past 7 orso yrs and its only recently things are getting way out of hand. The worst thing is when have get to gethers with friends and i dont drink i have a much better time, im more out going and funny. So i know i really do not need it.