Notices

Really need support to make Day 1

Old 08-07-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hanging in there on Day 2. One difficult task done (with no stop at the liquor store). Now I just need to stay busy today and out of harm's way.

Things are indeed very stressful here (not all of my own making), but a step-granddaughter is caught in a very untenable situation. Nothing much I can do about it except not add to the bf's troubles. (I may be mothering a difficult child - sigh.)
Old 08-07-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'm coming towards the end of another day 1, I too bore myself with all the to-ing and fro-ing ...I can't promise I won't slip again, but for now I won't drink, that's the only way I can see it as the bigger picture is too scary...well done Pamel on hanging in there on day 2
Old 08-20-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

You know...I just looked at all the "subscribed threads" and realized how few people are still on here. Maybe we (who are STILL here) are not the "winners" but we keep posting.

I have NO problem accepting that I am an alcoholic. STAYING SOBER is the trick. I am a regular at AA, have a sponsor, (getting a service commitment), and STILL I chose to tempt fate thanks to the AV (a term that I learned here-more info please).

I get well, I feel good, and then... I drink. Shouldn't I know better after all these years of sobriety??? I know there are new methods/info out there; please inform.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I too am on day one AGAIN! I messed up and stopped coming here to talk about things. I went 3 days and on day 4 lost it. My advice is to keep posting on here and talking to people even when your doing good. It's nice to know your not alone in this and your not! We can do this!!! Like someone posted earlier; day 1 is only once because tomorrow is day 2.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I've been trying since the 10th. I'm in a pattern it seems,
10th 11th sober, 12th drunk,
13th 14th 15th sober, 16th drunk,
17th 18th 19th (*20th) sober, 21st..... sober too. screw my pattern

keep at it y'all
Old 08-20-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

YOU GO, PAMEL! I did "Day 1" yesterday for the thousandth time. I feel SOO tired this morning from not really sleeping all that well. However, I feel about 1 billion times better than Monday morning! I can only hope that I will feel that much better every morning. I hope you find something that works for you
Old 08-20-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really think the key is regular support - have support network and really use it, especially when you feel in trouble.

The other thing is changes - if you want change, you need to make changes...there's no way around that I don't think.

At some point you need to go a different way.

Look at what you've tried so far and then - add to it. Maybe another recovery approach/group might help, or a new doctor or counsellor - maybe rehab has become an option?

Maybe you're ready to go back and retry things that for whatever reason didn't work in the past?

There is absolutely a sober future available for each and everyone of us - if you want it and are prepared to work for it

D