I am here too with the rest of the gang,rooting for you
Old 07-27-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hey Pamel,

Bestwishes, m
Old 07-27-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Pamel! Yes, I too am glad to have a new Pal on Day One. I stopped July 5th and went 12 days too. I then met a client for one drink... which led to two... which led to me picking up a bottle of wine... then a six pack of beer... then more bottles of wine... I am so sick of it. I have a problem. It is as simple as that. And, I have just had enough. I have decided to put $20 into my savings account for each day I do not pick up alcohol. That is going to be my daily reward. Then, after 90 days of sobriety (hopefully) I am going to take a much needed vacation. That is my plan (at least for today)... One day at a time!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Pamel. So great to see you attempting day one. I celebrated day 7 today and it is scary looking much past one day at a time. So my recommendation is sign up for the 24 hour club and just focus on keeping busy and anytime you feel a bit nervous, just jump on here and talk with someone :-) good luck! You will do great!
Old 07-27-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It is amazing what that one drink will do. The bf just came downstairs and realized he had left his bottle of scotch in the cupboard. (He normally locks it up, agreed upon by both of us).

Thank goodness for once I didn't look there (kind of a habit) because I would have had some. Or at least poured some in a glass to hide and save for this evening, which would have led to a very obsessive day.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Pamel, how are you getting on?

What's the plan for this evening?

Sent from my iPod touch using SoberRecovery
Old 07-27-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Pamel, you can do this How are you doing?
Old 07-27-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Pamel- I've been rooting for you, and it's so blatantly clear that you want this. I hope today is the day and you'll get momentum. I just don't want you to get discouraged. I finally sucked it up and went to the doctor and will be doing op rehab. Maybe you should consider doing the same. Is there anyone who can take your kids so you can go to meetings? If your detox is really bad, maybe you should go to the hospital.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:02 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support all; for the record I don't have biological kids. My bf (of 10 years) has 3 and a bunch of grandkids. Only a couple of them do I really "click" with.

Yesterday we were waiting all day to pick up one from the airport (thank goodness his son went, as her plane kept getting delayed). I purposely had not made plans to leave the house (temptation abounds), and I was really not detoxing. Even though I have given in daily for a while now, it has been a little, so the next morning I am really OK. So OK, in fact that I have oftener wondered: "Why do I want to drink and know that after 1/2 hour I will feel pleasantly removed from life, but full of the mind fight for more, more, more.

I made it yesterday: Day 2 today!! I had a couple of easy chances to get the booze but I didn't and am very grateful I didn't really obsess about it.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

You did it Pamel!!! I know you have been tapering so a full blown hangover may seem like a distant memory, so try to keep yourself in check today and don't let your AV fool you.

You are fantastic, do what you have to do to get through day 2 and it will just keep getting better and better (and easier) !
Old 07-28-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

fabl, you are one of the most encouraging people. Thanks for being here. I won't have an easy day of it, but it's doable. I have to spend time at my office (condensing things into one space). I know I will feel better once that is done but it is definitely depressing.

Planning on going early to the 9AM meeting; I need to keep up a support network here and in the real world.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good day Pamel

D
Old 07-28-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
Planning on going early to the 9AM meeting; I need to keep up a support network here and in the real world.
Pamel : I am so glad to see the positive outlook in you today

Get all needing done , done

I'm rooting for you
Old 07-28-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks folks; I am trying to keep the anxiety at a low level and just do today's work today (while not drinking of course). THAT IS the priority...
Old 07-29-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

How is it going? We all know you can do this....the only one that isn't sure is you so prove it to yourself!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:47 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Really rough night with family (bf's) emotions, but I did not drink, so starting Day 3!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

heck yeah!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Great job on making it through the evening activities, and onward to day 3. Just goes to show that you can do anything you want if you try hard enough, right?
Old 07-30-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Well, I didn't make it through Day 3. Gave in in the evening to wine. Just so much stress with the bf and family. Well, today is a new day so I will keep trying.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe it's time to look at that stress Pamel - maybe consider unburdening yourself of a few of those cards you're holding tightly to your chest?

could coming clean really be that bad?

D