Notices

I stopped drinking but my husband still drinks...

Old 08-02-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I know it's that time of the week again! Thank you for reaching out to me-I really appreciate it! I imagine I will be joining you tonight-but maybe I will finally get started on one of my little mosaic projects. Everything is ready to go, all I need is some grout. Tired from work this week,too. Maybe I will hang outside on my swing! How is your weekend looking?
Old 08-02-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi my other half doesn't live with me but I've been trying so hard to keep off the drink (made it to day 7) he still has a key to my house (after splitting up) I felt positive about not drinking last night I work a very high pressured job and with the trying not to drink I thought ok we'll see where this goes. After an 18hr shift I come home and we'd agreed to see each other so I walked the 20 mins home and came in to see he was drinking beer on my sofa and I was so angry! it caused immense arguments the air was so bad you could cut a knife through it he's knows I have issues with drink.... it hurt that he showed a lack of empathy..
Old 08-02-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This is not good for your continued sobriety-coming home to him drinking at your place. Because he doesn't live there can you make home a "drink free" zone? At least that way you would have a safe place to go when you need to. You don't need someone doing that to you in your own home. Hope this helps!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by earthsteps View Post
It is the weekend, Tisa - are you going to be ok tonight?
I think I will. I am going to hang out here on SR.
Hi, Earthsteps and Everyone-Today is 60 days for me. I wanted to tell someone, but didnt want to make a big deal of it. Just want to have this drinking behind me and be done with it. I struggle with thinking that I am in recovery-far as I am concerned I did my share of drinking already and it doesn't have a place in my future. Thanks for letting me share the big 60-longest I have ever gone in I bet 20 years! Feeling good and loving it!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Tisa

D
Old 08-03-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
congratulations Tisa

D
Thanks!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:56 PM