Notices

20 things I am grateful for

Old 07-26-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

20 things I am grateful for

I am grateful for being alive. Life is a gift I did not appreciate. I always mused about being grateful for life, but I never truly appreciated it until I was sober.

I am grateful for being sober. I always wished for being sober, but I never realized that the choice was mine.

I am grateful for free will. A God so merciful that He allows me to choose my destiny, even when He knows that destiny is not good for me. He simply lets me be.

I am grateful for a merciful God, who had the patience to let me walk this path, and make this journey without judging me, loving me all the way, the way I am, the way I was, the way I will be.

I am grateful for the present. The now, being in the moment, learning what it means to just be with life.

I am grateful to have the serenity to accept the things I can not change (others), the will and strength to change the things I can (me), and I pray for the wisdom to know the difference.

I am grateful for all the beautiful people in my life who did not give up on me. Who stood by me with true love, and did not give in to their co-dependence to let me be as I was.

I am grateful for a second chance, knowing that the past is history, the future is a mystery, and the present is all there is.

I am grateful for all that I have, for I am blessed with a life lacking want. For always having food in my stomach, a roof over my head, and a loving God that has always been there for me.

I am grateful for being grateful, and realizing that happiness is a choice. That life is life, and even though everything doesn’t always go my way, I can choose to see the positive in it all.

I am grateful for a loving mother and father, and the understanding that they did the best they could. Accepting that I can not change them, only accept them for who they are.

I am grateful for the flowers and the trees, the birds and the bees, the river that feeds them, the earth that holds them, and the sun that shines on us all.

I am grateful to have a job I love. That someone was willing to take a chance on me, depend on me to do right and be productive.

I am grateful for a mind, a soul, and a body that, despite all the abuses I have put it through, still has the strength to feel, to sense, and to nourish all that is beautiful in this world.

I am grateful for having loved and having been loved. For all that remains is faith, hope and love, with the greatest of these being love.

I am grateful for forgiveness. Mostly the ability to now forgive myself. For the ability to forgive and let go, realizing my own part in it all.

I am grateful for like minded people who put the mirror in front of my face, and make me see who I have been, who I am, and who I want to be.

Did I mention I am grateful for a loving God? Let me mention it again, for He is truly worthy of being mentioned many times. Praise be to this Universe (His body) which He gives to us without any conditions.

Did I mention I am grateful to be alive? For it too is worth mentioning again. For I owe this life to God and his continued mercy in my life.

Did I mention I am grateful for being sober? For it is the ultimate gift I can give God and myself. The only high I need now is this moment, basking in the knowledge that He gave me life, gave me a choice, and today I choose to live it to its fullest, without the need to hide, or dull my self, being with all that is this life.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Did you know we have a special forum just for gratitude? That's all you'll find there is gratitude.

I'm grateful to be sober too. Makes life so much simpler.