Notices

12 steps and me

Old 07-25-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Whatever works for you! I don't think there is just one laid out plan that everyone has to follow! If your way works for you then GREAT!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Recovered

Lots of ways to get sober. I personally wouldn't waste my time posting about a method that ISN'T going to work for me and focus on what IS.

That's how I've stayed sober anyway. I follow my plan daily....and have for over 4 years.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey Rattus... thanks for your post. I am not a member of AA, but my therapist suggested I consider going through the 12 Steps via journaling (just for the heck of it). Her suggestion resulted in me beginning a series of 12 Step Essays. I started Step 1 yesterday. In essence Step 1 (for me) was more about how alcohol RENDERED me powerless rather than admitting I was powerless. I am finding it a very cathartic exercise : )
Old 07-25-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Congrats on 9 days! I say whatever works for someone is okay in my books. I think as long as a person is open minded and at least willing to try the steps the way they need to can't hurt.

Everyone really has their own interpretation. It will be intersting to see if your list changes in about 6 months. And I'm not trying to insult you, it is just I know for me, I changed my mind about different things in regards to AA. Everyones journey is different and very personal.