Notices

I relapsed and want to quit.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I relapsed and want to quit.

Hi I'm George. I relapsed about a month ago and have been drinking heavy about twice a week for 4 weeks. The last two days I went hard an drank about 20 beers each day and a lot of vodka and whiskey. If someone with experience could help me... I want to stop. I don't want it to get out of control again. Can I just stop? I hear about withdrawal symptoms and I'm defiantly hungover but I just want to quit. I don't want to worry about seizures or anything like that. And I def can't taper ill just get drunk again. Any suggestions? Should I just quit? Thank you guys and girls for being here.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You really need to talk to your dr because seizures are a real possibility when detoxing from alcohol. It can be very dangerous and no one can predict what will happen.

I'm glad you're here and that you want to quit.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Anna George - to be safe it's best to talk to your Dr.

what plans do you have for staying sober after withdrawal?

D
Old 07-24-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you. I just drink too much and when I'm not drinkin all I think about is drinking. It's sick. I just want to quit. It's hard. No booze today though.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I want to get back into meetings. I have a support group, my family supports me. Just want things to go back to normal. I don't want to ruin my life.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome George...really glad you're here. As Anna say, check with the doc, your question requires answer from a medical professional. Get the doc's help to get sober, and look to SR to help keep you sober. You are not alone in your desire for sobriety : )
Old 07-24-2013, 10:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you and thanks for this forum. Gives me a lot
Of hope.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi George, yeah I had those seizures and they're a nightmare. If I could do it over again, I'd have gone to a detox facility - we can't give medical advice here so by all means see someone who can give that to you.

Welcome aboard, I think you'll find support here. You have a great attitude, there are many people here who are beating this thing, I hope you stick around and draw some strength from all the resources.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey George I just came here almost a week ago now. I put up a thread saying its for me this time. I went back out after 2.5 years and all I can say is almost a week into sobriety again it is night and day how much better you feel. I binge drank and went as hard as you can without dying, pretty sure I should have. But stick with this, you never have to feel this way again, and every time you think about drinking remember how sick you were coming off it. Remember how worried you are about seizures and all the other terrors. Know that if you drink again those worries could come back. But without alcohol you don't need to worry about those ever again. Wake up in the morning and say thank you, there is more good in this world then the bad that comes along with alcohol, we don't need it and know that your life is already better now that you don't have it in your system even if it's only been a day or however long. It only gets better!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

George ,your best bet is a medical facility ,it's the best safe way to detox,most major hospitals have one,it hard fighting the monkey,or gorilla as I call it!!! Keep your head up and call some places in your area and get the help u want and need,good luck...
Old 07-25-2013, 02:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Your post makes it sound like you really want it to stop, George. This can be it....you don't have to live like that anymore.

Keep coming back here!!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

im on day one also George. I know exactly how u feel..just lost..dont know where to turn..
Old 07-25-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 2

I feel a lot better. Not 100%, but I ate a lot before sleep. I slept for a while and I feel a lot more relaxed than yesterday. My wife is on vacation and on her way home. Now I'm starting to feel guilty for spending all the money at the liquor store. I feel like a loser scumbag. And I know she's gonna be pissed and verbally beat the hell out of me for it. I'm definitely feeling better physically. Dealing with life is the hard part I guess. One day at a time. Thank god I'm still ok. And thank you guys for support. Means a lot.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Stay strong.

I fell off again recently for the exact same thing - got left alone. It ain't easy.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

No, this is not easy. We need one another. Thanks for being here, Pamel.