Notices

Death of 2 Alcoholic Friends - Closure & Acceptance

Old 07-24-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Nice quote Anna!

I'm sorry for everyone who has experienced the loss of a friend and wishes they could have done more. I've lost a friend, and am afraid I'm going to lose another unless things change for her soon. I think it is human nature to feel like we never did enough when someone passes away.

My mom has Alzheimers and I'm her sole caretaker. I'm constantly aware that when she passes I'll wish I had done more even though I feel like I'm doing as much as I possibly can handle. Guilt is an awful thing.

Try to help others in honor of your loved ones and it might ease some of the pain and guilt you're experiencing. Remember them, plant a tree for them, or something to mark their place in your life.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sober Jennie. I have to think having you as a friend, probably meant a great deal to her. She accepted you where you were...you should do the same. You are growing, no longer stagnant because of the alcohol. And it hurts like hell, scares us because of what we didn't know and took for granted. I'm glad I have this new opportunity for growth and I hope you'll not beat yourself up to much. You are human. And again, your friend loved you for you.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! You've all really helped me to see this in a healthier light. It's hard when we "know" what is the case, or what is healthy, or right... and then another thing altogether to feel it. It will just take time to process.