Notices

Day 5. My willpower is slipping.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

That's Great I think I would have chose Lego's or Lincoln logs over a run; But hey what ever works lol
Old 07-24-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by visch1 View Post
OMG! It is the most powerful force that causes alcoholics to relapse, both newcomers and old timers. The best thing is to be aware that it can strike at any moment. True you don't have to listen to it if your prepared and well grounded mentally which is not usually an alcoholics strong point. BE WELL
You are so right Visch, this is the voice which after 5 years of continuous sobriety and being silent (I am one of the lucky ones who has an easy time) raised its ugly head when I lost everything and told me:
"This is not supposed to happen to a sober person, you might as well drink: who cares if you live or die".
We have to be prepared and in my case, I never want to drink again so the more tools I have against the AV, the better prepared I will be if it pops up again.
If dressing up in a pink bunny costume once a week and dancing the salsa guaranteed I'd never drink again, guess what? I'd do it in addition to AA and the other techniques I use.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

The biggest lie we can tell ourselves is that total commitment to recovery is not possible, or even worse, not desirable, bombadil.

I know for a fact that I would never have accomplished anything with a full and total commitment to staying sober. Alcohol changes me - even just the littlest bit of alcohol - it leads me back, sooner or later, to that same dark place and that same sad man.

I don't want to be that guy anymore

D