Notices

Trying to see the funny side....

Old 07-24-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to see the funny side....

After 15 days of pain and shame I am trying to take a more positive approach today. I am sitting in my garden wondering....

What do you do on the plane if you're not drinking those cute little bottles of gin and wondering when the trolley will be passing hour way again?

Why go out for a fancy meal if you don't get to drink loads of the house wine and be unable to find your table after visiting the ladies? Where's the fun if you don't attempt to pay the bill twice?

What will you get for Christmas and birthdays that doesn't come in a bottle bag or from the glassware dept?

Anyone? 😀
Old 07-24-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Will the hotels I stay in go out of business when I stop getting bottle service to the room?
Old 07-24-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Why go to a concert if I can't get so hammered on $8 beers that I don't even remember the concert.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Early days, the idea of never drinking again can be pretty overwhelming. But as the days and months go by and your energy and health slowly return, believe it or not, these things are doable, even enjoyable and fun sober.

Going to a restaurant, I get a chance to eat great food. Funny that, it's not just an excuse to get drunk anymore. Traveling on a plane, getting excited about the things I will see and do when I get to my destination, not just an excuse to get drunk. Getting gifts that you can actually use, instead of just using the holiday as an excuse to get drunk.

There's a whole new world out there that our addiction has stopped us from seeing. I may not be the world's most exciting guy but I can appreciate the things I do a whole lot more now that I'm not obsessed with how they fit into my drinking schedule.

The things that you've mentioned sound a whole lot like your addiction talking. The longer you stay sober the more you'll be able to realize that for what it is. All the best and stay strong!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

These are hysterical! Let's see if I can add my own.... Does the garbage man think someone new has moved in, now that the recycling bin isn't weighed down by empty wine bottles?
Old 07-24-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What will happen to my carefully thought out rota system for which shop to visit next so they don't know I buy wine and beer every day?
Old 07-24-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

realizing that in bowling, there are only 10 pins not 20.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by upandup View Post
These are hysterical! Let's see if I can add my own.... Does the garbage man think someone new has moved in, now that the recycling bin isn't weighed down by empty wine bottles?
That made me LOL, I was so happy when I switched garbage companies and I got a large covered recycling can! My daughter always says I am weird because I look at everyone's recycling and say things like wow, they drink a lot!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

should i apologise to the landlord of my local for his slump in profits? i genuinely do feel a bit sorry for him now i have quit and hubby has cut down!