Notices

Hello

Old 07-24-2013, 03:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hi everyone,

I just stumbled over this forum today, my psyc is recommending I reach out more, and this place seems full of positive people and messages for me to do just that.

I have been with my alcoholic bf for over 10 years, he asked me to marry him a few months ago. I am wearing the ring but from that date I finally realised that I don't want to be with someone who is dependent on alcohol and I need to take action to find and live the life I deserve.

I am still desperately in love with my man when he is sober and I know it will take time for me to be ready to leave. I'm working through all other options and strategies and making myself the person I want to be.

I figure if the day comes where I walk out the door, I need to be sure I have done everything I could.

Clawgirl
Old 07-24-2013, 04:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome. No argument from me at all. People have enough friction in regular relationships, mix in alcohol and it can turn explosive. I would into a great organization for those with connections to alcohol prone people. Al-Anon. BE WELL
Old 07-24-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks visch! I have found my local al-anon group and I'm hoping to get to a meeting soon to check it out.

I'm just reading through all the stickies in the friends and family of alcoholics topic.... It's already touched on so many thoughts I've had recently, I think I'm going to like it here.