Notices

Just checkin' In .. Still Jonesin though

Old 07-23-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just checkin' In .. Still Jonesin though

It feels so very "cold" in this house :-( my ex. Won't even eat w\ me now .. She has put up her "walls" as she said. Her defense mechanism. Where as now, I want to get drunk; my defense. But I won't while she is here, so that is a plus I guess lol
Old 07-23-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't drink!!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As I said, I won't tonight. And as for tomorrow, I have a Dr appt. So first half of the day I won't.. Can't won't promise anything else.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Try not to let other people sabotage you. You can't change the way they are, only the way you react to it.
You can hold strong. I believe it.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My ex is putting his walls up... understandably so, but he is the only one I know I wont drink around. Everyone else... loves to drink.
Idle time makes me want to drink.
Just checkin in too ^-^
Old 07-23-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yea it does *sigh* Being "in my head" has pushed me to the point I want to get a bottle of whiskey that is how strong my urges are the past couple days . I am trying to fend them off .. Like I said tommorrow is a Doc appointment so I know I won't before that .. Afterwards I do have another semi-important appointment as well so That will hold me off till 2pm+ lol Then I should be tired so sleep will hold me off :p Then my Ex will be home soooo That takes me to thursday ... and Yea I am already plotting
Old 07-23-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have thoughts to drink too. All week they have been with me and I hate it. I am sad & lonely and want to escape. But if I do that I won't learn how to deal with whatever it is I need to deal with. I am refusing to give into the alcohol. It's like a monster that wants to win and I refuse to be beat!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

We don't need a promise AW - but I think you should make a promise to yourself to stay sober - stay sober and work hard and you will get to a better place..drink, and you'll go nowhere, man.

D
Old 07-23-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know Dee; I know .. that is what is driving me crazy the most .. I mean I know what I need to do; what I should do and what I more or less want to do .. But it is driving me mad not to be able to escape .. I mean tomorrow; I finally will have something for my back pain; after running short a week (mainly cause the Doc and I are trying to tweak my prescription so I am not on too many hard core Pills) and the Common sense in me will not let me drink if I take the meds; cause of the effect and all.. and I have never drank on them .. But then this evil in me wants to just say funk it and not deal and eat pills and grab a bottle of Whiskey and do some shots for a "better escape" :|
Old 07-23-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
But then this evil in me wants to just say funk it and not deal and eat pills and grab a bottle of Whiskey and do some shots for a "better escape" :|
That "better escape" -- mixing pain pills and booze -- will potentially bring you to a place you never meant to go.

It's never a bad time to stop.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yea; I know; hence I never mix them .. Going on 5 years and I have never mixed the pain pills and Beers .. even at my heaviest binges .. But now; I mean I just want to crawl under a rock .. But I am not suicidal; I know I have a lot to live for and a lot to still do .. I just want a "break" from Life I guess .. Just so hard .. Seems i might just be drowning in self pity today\tonight ..
Old 07-23-2013, 10:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
Yea; I know; hence I never mix them .. Going on 5 years and I have never mixed the pain pills and Beers .. even at my heaviest binges .. But now; I mean I just want to crawl under a rock .. But I am not suicidal; I know I have a lot to live for and a lot to still do .. I just want a "break" from Life I guess .. Just so hard .. Seems i might just be drowning in self pity today\tonight ..
I've been there with the self-pity thing. I say go ahead and wallow; just don't drown in it.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanx .. Trying not to But my situation at this time is so bleak ..
Old 07-24-2013, 03:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

August I can tell you being in your head and letting those thoughts dance around will keep you stuck. I stayed stuck for over a month I was sober yes but I was f ing miserable. Everyone would talk about AV this and that and I would only further infuriate me. Dee reminded me that not drinking was only a small part, that changing our day to day thinking acting views of ourselfs will be the crowbar that will unstick you.
I know you want this!!!! I've seen you around here for as long as I've been here so you have the desire, the will. In the most compassionate way I say... You have to change your thinking your being your day to day. This may sound annoying so I'm sorry in advance .... But start talking to yourself kindly. I think many of us talk so negatively to ourselves beat ourself up allow no room for us to be the best we can be. After all if we don't believe in ourselves how could we ever achieve anything, set oustlves up to fail! You can do this SR is rooting for you start rooting for you too.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

None of us can escape from ourselves. I realize I'm starting to sound like a broken record but the only thing, for me, that has turned off that "inner chatter" is meditation. Without it I'd still be drinking/using. OK, I'll get off my foolish soap box now.

I can't imaging how tough it must be to be around someone who has put up walls like that. It puts you in such an awkward position. As for not drinking ... it's easy to just keep saying "don't do it". Look deep inside yourself. If you've been sober this long I'll wager you've seen a path to being well. Drinking won't get you to that trip. It'll just postpones the pain by replacing it with another pain. Just a temporary distraction.

August you're clearly a bright person who has thought long and hard about all of this. I guess I'm just saying that I hope you decide not to drink, I hope for you be well, and I hope your situation improves. Hope isn't much ... but it's all I got.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InperfectlyMe View Post
Dee reminded me that not drinking was only a small part, that changing our day to day thinking acting views of ourselfs will be the crowbar that will unstick you.

Yea I know; change, something I am not good at .. Never have been .. & I am trying to make a change, but things are just so .. Grrrr right now I really "don't wanna deal"
Old 07-24-2013, 04:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bruce292 View Post
None of us can escape from ourselves. I realize I'm starting to sound like a broken record but the only thing, for me, that has turned off that "inner chatter" is meditation. Without it I'd still be drinking/using. OK, I'll get off my foolish soap box now.

I can't imaging how tough it must be to be around someone who has put up walls like that. It puts you in such an awkward position. As for not drinking ... it's easy to just keep saying "don't do it". Look deep inside yourself. If you've been sober this long I'll wager you've seen a path to being well. Drinking won't get you to that trip. It'll just postpones the pain by replacing it with another pain. Just a temporary distraction.

August you're clearly a bright person who has thought long and hard about all of this. I guess I'm just saying that I hope you decide not to drink, I hope for you be well, and I hope your situation improves. Hope isn't much ... but it's all I got.
Thanx Bruce; I just can't say where today is gonna lead me wish I knew I wouldn't drink and I have made my decision; but I trually don't know .. I know I have a Doc. appointment at 11am; I know I am in pain; so the good news is I will take something for it once the prescription is filled, the bad news is the bus drops me off in front of the packie But again; I got that 5 year streak going of not mixing my meds & Booze so don't wanna ruin that right :p Trying to "learn" to meditate but as you've read and all; I just got way too much going on to be able to "pick it up" I can't shut my brain down right now Just not happening .. It's like I have a million superballs bouncing around in there .. Will be around for an hour before my shower then on my journey .. For the first time since '95; I actually wish I still drove lol