Notices

Detox Sucks - Day 3

Old 07-23-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nikki

Detox Sucks - Day 3

Hello...day 3 and feel a little better. Everytime I do this I vow "never again". I fully surrender. Heading to a meeting.

I really hope this pain in my liver goes away soon. Anybody else ever experience this after a binder?

Thanks for letting me talk.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

have you had your liver function checked? it's a simple blood test - i just had mine done and thank god it was normal...
Old 07-23-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good luck at the meeting. Never again is easy to say, but it is 100% possible if you really want it to be.

Regarding your pain, that's definitely something to have checked out by a medical professional. I'm sure many of us have had aches and pains due to our drinking, but we can't give medical advice here. Be safe and see a doctor if you feel it's warranted.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your health is far to important for us to just simply comment on what we may think.
Go get your blood work done. I have had similar pains to what you are describing. They went away when I stopped drinking but I still do regular checks.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I laughed at your thread title

Detox does indeed suck. Absolutely!

I have had similar pains after a bender at some point in my drinking career. My guess is that these pains will subside in a day or two but if you are really worried a trip to the GP is good for peace of mind.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello Nikki,
I think you will start feeling a lot better in the day 4-5 area. In fact, I felt better during that time than I did while drinking. I think it is your body's way of saying, "finally, all of this is over and it is time to heal".

I am familiar with the abdominal pain you are experiencing. Mine presented as right upper quadrant pain with some radiation to the mid-line. That said, I had already had my gall bladder removed, so that wasn't causative. This pain, while worrisome to me, was transient and resolved for me by day seven. In my case, I suspect the chronic biological insult of copious amounts of daily alcohol caused liver inflammation that spontaneously resolved. Of note, I also experienced lower esophageal pain while the liver pain was active. Again, in my case, over by day seven.

Congratulations on a great decision!