SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   A Little Humor (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/301775-little-humor.html)

Trooper13 07-23-2013 02:14 AM

A Little Humor

So, I have literally not slept in two days due the detox. I finally feel tired enough that I might get a few hours. I have two dogs, one is a half St. Bernard half Collie that weighs 90 pounds and the other is a Newfoundland that weighs 160. Well, Trooper (the half St. Bernard) has anxiety issues when it storms. I had to give him medication about an hour ago. I head to my nice comfy bed and he is passed out cold and sprawled on my blanker. He looks like a drunk after a long night. I tried to move him and he is completely dead weight. He looks at me but was not moving. I pushed, I shoved, no luck. I try to wedge in next to him and the Newf gets her undies in a bunch because there is no room for her. Usually both sleep on the bed. The Newf just barks an whines and cries so, I guess it is the couch for me. Rough life my dogs have.:gaah

LadyinBC 07-23-2013 02:40 AM

HAHAHAHAHA wish I could see a picture of that!

instant 07-23-2013 02:55 AM

They are lucky to have you care for them. hopefully you will be able enjoy them more in your sobriety.

Tamerua 07-23-2013 02:56 AM

I have a 45 pound border collie/greyhound mix who manages to take up a whole queen sized bed... How do they do it?

Louise82 07-23-2013 03:18 AM

Haha, so sweet. Trooper sounds like me - when I can't/won't move from my bed, that's it - no amount of human force will change that!

Hope you manage to get some good sleep in your own bed soon, T13.

Trooper13 07-23-2013 03:21 AM

Well that was an effort in futility, no sleep for me. It was pretty funny. How do they do it? Usually Trooper curls up at the top the bed, when he is not whacked out on drugs and then Palio, the Newf, lays against me with her head at the bottom of the bed. I usually get about 18 inches on my side of the bed.

xuse 07-23-2013 04:04 AM

That is funny

Trooper13 07-23-2013 04:09 AM

Yep and when I got off the couch they were both passed out and snoring like an old married couple.

rattus99 07-23-2013 04:12 AM

Sounds like me after a bender!!

GracieLou 07-23-2013 04:18 AM

I know the feeling. 70 pound lab and two cats plus me in a twin bed. Fun times!

Trooper13 07-23-2013 04:23 AM

Sounds cozy, my cats won't sleep on the bed because of the dogs. Worst part is the New usually sleeps with her butt or her head right next to my face and let me tell you that dog can burp and fart with the best of them.

LDT 07-23-2013 05:10 AM

My dog has the same issues with storms, fireworks, guns ( he was "supposed" to be a hunting dog..... Right). I have to dose him, else he literally goes catatonic.