Notices

How often do you go to meetings in the beginning???

Old 07-23-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by visch1 View Post
observing people when they come into AA almost kicking and screaming, dishonest with themselves, in denial, barely understanding their dis-ease and being wiped out mentally and physically bankrupt it's suggested that they go to 90 meetings in 90 days, more if possible.
It's important to keep in mind that not everyone arrives at recovery "kicking and screaming" and being dishonest with themselves... when I arrived I wasn't kicking, screaming... I was getting real, getting vulnerable, and coming out of denial. It was my tipping point.

It happens differently for each of us. The stages may be the same or similar, but arriving at the stages, and circling back around and going through stages multiple times (for those who relapse, anyway)... that is reality.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi. did you notice almost? You may be in a class of the minority, most are sick and suffering. Kindly read the rest of the post which might be more important than branching out to I don't know what, perhaps confusing a newcomer. By the way I like your Prayer. BE WELL
Old 07-23-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by visch1 View Post
Hi. did you notice almost? You may be in a class of the minority, most are sick and suffering.
I did notice that, yes.

Sick and suffering... I was too. Because I arrived at a place of quitting where I wasn't kicking and screaming doesn't mean I didn't suffer immensely. I've done plenty of kicking and screaming throughout life. But when I decided to get sober, it was distinctly characterized by the ceasing of the kicking and screaming... that is how it worked for me.