Notices

Sober but no energy

Old 07-22-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober but no energy

Still not drinking or smoking but the medicine for depressionI have been taking keeps me up into the night and I feel sleep deprived. So I think I will stop taking it and try to feel normal again. Going home soon and getting away from family who drink every afternoon and would rather party then spend time together. Scared but not wanting to drink.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe talk to your doc about that first Acheleus. Some anti depressants you need to taper off with and they can cause havoc if you just stop taking them. I have had bad personal experience with this so please talk to your doctor first x

Also how long have you been sober? My sleep was disturbed for a few weeks and I had a major problem with lack of energy for months after that. Maybe see if things will level out. It can take some time. But again talk to your doctor. I had a medical condition that caused fatigue too and sorting that out has helped.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I recommend people talk to their Dr before coming off any medication Ach - it's just the safest way.

D
Old 07-22-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Feeling better now. I just started the meds and I had a relapse the Friday before last. My weight has been dropping and I have a lot less cravings. I will give the meds more time and pray that my depression will lift. I am glad alcohol seems less attractive.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Could you talk to your doctor about taking the tablets at a different time?
Maybe early morning so they don't keep you up all night.

Or setting an alarm to wake you up at 5am and then take them and go back to sleep?

It sounds like your doing really well though. Good for you!

I wish yo the best
x
Old 07-22-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Acheleus.
You may need some adjustment time with the meds. Give it all done time. Speaking with the doc is very important in all this.
I am so happy to see that you are doing well.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Home alone with some books while my dad is out drinking and spending time with girlfriends--at 73. So I will be driving home to my place because I feel like my dad chooses alcohol over me, but he always has, so. I am trying to be strong and I am glad I am not sitting in a bar with him. It is pretty sad but not drinking is my first priority. Back to reading.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am sorry he is choosing alcohol over you, I know that feeling well... my mom always did it too But, you know it's an addiction, and that an addiction isn't personal. The substance comes first, even for a father and child relationship, it seems.

Just keep taking good care of you. *hugs*