Notices

a slip is a slip is a slip

Old 07-21-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a slip is a slip is a slip

motoring along nicely ,then felt a bit of peer pressure on the golf course 3 weeks back and had a beer , that was all i needed to get ********* the next nite and ,well ,you know the story ..
anyways got back on the horse ,been 21 days tomorrow ,or more precisely 5 hours pst..no more peer pressure drinking for me , cant have just one , just cant drink unless i pound away all the booze in the house..
over these few months my anxiety is gone ,i sleep better , i handle problems better , im funnier ,i joke around ..
i messed up for 2 days in the last 3 months ,but it is still a slip , thats why im on day 20 right now ,just like golf ,your only cheating yourself.
im really sure this is it ,ive had fairly long sober times since xmas ,with the odd slip and it just reinforces everything ive learned so far ..no point in drinking 1 beer or 1 shot or 1 of anything ..ill want it all and ill spiral out of control.

i love having that extra $500 /month in my wallet ,$900 if you count gambling losses ,thats a different story , one ive quit before alcohol and i am still going strong .

face is nice and thin ,not red .those horrendous dark bags under my eyes have disappeared..feels good
Old 07-21-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you back and working at it Junk

D
Old 07-22-2013, 12:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Keep on keepin' on. It gets better.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

lot's of greens on the calendear

Nice, stay with it .

Bestwishes, m
Old 07-27-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

back to 26 days , ill hit 30 once again midweek , should be no issue .these saturdays are a little boring i must admit,its been a few days since my Dad left , he had a restraining order plopped on his head , my old man and mother were both drunk apparently and she fell or was pushed,depends on who you believe ? hauled dad off to jail ,stayed at my place for the week , that was nice ,these old people seem to have issues cleaning themselves ,8 days no shower,what is that all about? he talked about having one for 3 days but it never materialized.
anyways he got probation for a year , hard core drinker for 50+ years forced to quit or he gets to go to jail ..he got to go back home ,Mom is getting sloshed every nite while he stays sober ..
I got a little anxiety creeping in tonite , not sure why? it has pretty much disappeared the last few weeks ,that is why i logged on ,it may be that im out of my B vitamins?
I just seem to work and stay clean and i dont really socialize anymore and im just watching the summer go by ,i used to love this time of year , i would leave early and get home late but now im just working and trying to get ahead ,not drink and get my finances in order ,its been a very tough year since Christmas ,hardest year of my life , sometimes you feel like giving up but then iam reminded of the person in the wheelchair breathing thru a straw like contraption ,unable to use his arms and legs ,who is happy enjoying the sun .I met that guy last friday , fixed his air conditioner .I think if he is happy why cant i be? i take things for granted ,just because i cant drink and have a little financial difficulty im gonna give up? thats pathetic , a lot of people are in way more difficult situations than me ,I think i get these signs for a reason ,strap your helmut on ,quit being a ***** and take life head on .
Old 07-27-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

u r awesome. i just love honest people! and grateful people! You truly r awesome! U go !
Old 07-27-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great post...very real. Very likeable. You're real...now why would you wanna be any other way? Something special bout you...