Notices

Long time coming, but one week!

Old 07-21-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long time coming, but one week!

I made it through night 7 last night. I had strong cravings all weekend because I really don't know how to approach a sober weekend yet. I did it though (with substantial help). I talked to my partner, and he held me accountable telling me how much I would regret it if I drank and how proud he was of me for making it to a week. We threw the alcohol in the house away, and he even said it was okay to throw his supply away as well (he doesn't have a problem...one bottle could last him 2 years). I've been researching Smart Recovery, reading Rational Recovery, and googling anything that I think will help. You guys are a rock for me. I don't post as much as I should, but your stories are beacons of hope (I know that sounds silly and cliche). Anything is possible if you want it bad enough. With my humblest gratitude, I thank you all. Now it's time to start on week two. If I make it through tonight, it will be my longest sober time since 2011. For now, it's me and some hot tea and Netflix.

CM
Old 07-21-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

way to go , I'm on day 10 , it gets better
Old 07-21-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your week CM

D
Old 07-21-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on a week!! FWIW, I lurked on SR for a couple of years before I got serious. I use a little of this, a little of that, and a LOT of SR.

When we want it bad enough, we find it and I think you're realizing that. So happy to know you have a supportive partner. Most of my support is here and distant family, but it works

Hugs and prayers,

Amy