Notices

well that worked (not)

Old 07-20-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

So going to NA could endanger your life. What about using? That is currently endangering your life. So if you want to see it that way, how about you endanger your life in a way that could actually have some positive influence in your life? are you waiting for your life to be perfect before you sober up? How's that supposed to work when you have all the anxiety, fear and sadness that comes from being an active addict? For me, the harder i held onto the idea that my life and i had to be perfect, the more my life slipped through my fingers. Smash your preconception of perfection and concentrate on what you can do now to improve your life and help yourself. Get honest with yourself and quit making excuses. You can always find an excuse to use. Start looking for excuses to get and stay sober.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
So going to NA could endanger your life. What about using? That is currently endangering your life. So if you want to see it that way, how about you endanger your life in a way that could actually have some positive influence in your life? are you waiting for your life to be perfect before you sober up? How's that supposed to work when you have all the anxiety, fear and sadness that comes from being an active addict? For me, the harder i held onto the idea that my life and i had to be perfect, the more my life slipped through my fingers. Smash your preconception of perfection and concentrate on what you can do now to improve your life and help yourself. Get honest with yourself and quit making excuses. You can always find an excuse to use. Start looking for excuses to get and stay sober.
That is incredibly unsupportive. She is a newcomer - scaring her away from here is not the purpose of this forum. NA is not the only program. Let's educate her on the others, not send her running back to the drugs.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Too late. She already left. I'm not sure she was willing to hear anyone's advice. Maybe things will look different for her tomorrow. I hope so.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Looks like Tamar has made the choice to leave so I'm closing this thread down.

thanks everyone

D