Notices

im giving in

Old 07-21-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi Teardrop glad you had a great day out with your family, haven't been to Scarborough since I was 5 years old. I went to Skeggie last Saturday to avoid my Hubby and friends get together I just couldn't cope watching them drinking all day. I ate ice cream too and sunbathed and read my book . I have struggled the last few days its been really hard I wanted to feel the buzz I wanted to escape I don't feel like I've laughed in three weeks. I have resisted but its hard. Im not religious and don't go to AA. I do tell my AV to naff off its a strong character and takes some beating(I've started talking to myself insane or what )
Old 07-21-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RachelNorth View Post
Hi Teardrop. So good to read your last post. I am in Yorkshire Dales and struggling. To me this weather means sitting outside pubs (with the crucial other boozers) drinking. Don't want to go with friends, they only want one and then want a walk or a lot round the shops!!! But I always found other boozers who always said 'yes I'm staying for another'. They are all there now, today and I am watching Lewis from last night. Today is 4 weeks sober after lots of periods sober and lots of relapses. You are on this site cos you are not a normal drinker but you are a normal person.

Take care, get off the seaside again. Think I will get an ice cream later. Enjoying food again is one of the many reasons to stay sober. But yes it is hard. But I know when I get into bed tonight I will be happy to put another sober day under my belt. Its better this way, simple as that.
where abouts in the dales, ive been to hardraw force a couple of times and hawes, i stopped for a week in a house opposite the pub at hardraw force, then a week in a house in another village but cant remember the name, sedbusk or some thing, that was years ago i was still at school

i hate this feeling i keep getting latley, but yeah last night was good, much better than getting drunk and waking up with hangover and a bad night sleep
Old 07-21-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
where abouts in the dales, ive been to hardraw force a couple of times and hawes, i stopped for a week in a house opposite the pub at hardraw force, then a week in a house in another village but cant remember the name, sedbusk or some thing, that was years ago i was still at school

i hate this feeling i keep getting latley, but yeah last night was good, much better than getting drunk and waking up with hangover and a bad night sleep
I was born in Yorkshire , Skipton

Glad we all haven't a hangover this morning we are the lucky ones
Old 07-21-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Enjoying Recovery

Just imagine how ill/angry/disappointed/guilty you'd feel now if you had given in...

Really glad you made it through sober & you did the right thing in reaching out
Old 07-21-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

So happy to read your post! That is exactly what needs to happen when you get into what you did yesterday. Ride out the urge, find something else to do!

Don't you feel just a little sense of power today because YOU BEAT THE URGE? YOU did this! Hang on to that, remember that feeling and use it the next time you're having the feelings that you did yesterday.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Amazing job teardrop well done....I have friends who live in east riding of yorkshire and I visit them a couple of times a year...Scarborough is my most favorite place in this country...I love it there.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
yeah i got through it, i at last min of giving in put fuel in car took familly out to scarborough, a seaside town, 30 mile away, and had ice creams and burgers and pizza, and as a bonus there was a big car cruise meet on so lots of fancy cars to look at, i love cars.

cheers for all the advice guys and girls

ps what does DH and ds stand for

is it something to do with partener and children ?
Way to go....you not only got through it....you made a decision to live sober...included your family and had a great time....now next time you know how great life can be...

also your outing may have been one of making amends to your family!

Proud to hear this.

much better than being drunk!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Peter G;4079718]So, you want to be normal? Congrats, you are. You can't drink. The 'normal' folks down the block can't eat Macdonalds, or stop cheating on their spouse, or maybe walk by a parking lot without counting all the red cars, or have a tuna salad without throwing it up quietly in the bathroom.
/QUOTE]

That was really powerful. Isn't it amazing how when thinking of the "thems" out there or the "normies" we project some sort of perfection to their being..like they don't have a care in the world. Thanks for that Peter.

And teardrop..wow..so glad you got through. Your day sounded so lovely and full of connection! Instead of isolating in drunkeness..you had a beautiful day with your family...you were a dad and husband...not a drunk.

And I don't know about you but "pulling through the almost giving in's" is pretty darn good for the soul and the esteem. Good job!!!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Hey teardrop, well done on riding out the cravings last night and taking the family out instead. I also had really bad cravings last night and rode them out. I'm so glad I did. I woke up this morning thinking how depressing it'd be if I were back on day 1 instead of day 14.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

I don't pray at all. Read some Buddhist things here and there but even that is mostly and app on my phone.

Why did you want to quit in the first place. That's what you need to remember when you feel like drinking. For me, the self loathing and the suicidal thoughts are enough motivation for me to stay far away from wine. You have to find that...