Notices

Why am i violent when drunk

Old 07-19-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by egok View Post
lol i hit the bottom of a bottle of whiskey. Called someone and said i'd 'skull **** obama with a 50 cal'.

This morning I was woken up by the police at my door.
That's because the NSA is always listening... Mention "Obama" and you can bet your ass the call is being reviewed (as I'm sure this thread is now as well). As funny as that quote is, the Feds wouldn't think so.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Geez, well I'd be angry too : ) I'd count SR as one...at least, it's one of mine. Isolation threatens sobriety. We need to connect with others in the journey of recovery..and well, life for that matter. So I guess slamming someone in the face is human connection right? Not the healthiest but perhaps..that's what it is. Fighting..and arguing even..is a displaced, destructive, dysfunctional form of intimacy.
Well said.

When I was drinking, more often than not I preferred to feel angry and aggressive rather than frightened and vulnerable.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Egok, seeing you have the internet, you might want to research some online mental health programs (do some research to make sure they are legit). From family experience I can tell you that alcohol seems to magnify resentments and anger. If you're able to face and deal with the source of the anger it will make your sober life better too.
But don't drink, that's a given. Many many people do things they regret when drunk, and these can cause life long consequences for their victims.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I don't get nasty when I drink which although I'm a garbage head II don't do a lot but when I take benzo's,any kind,Xanax ,Valium, any of it I turn into a monster. I like what MIR recovery posted about hitting yourself with a hammer,sometimes it's that simple!!! I believe with some of us it's chemical,something about mixing certain substances and our systems dosent jive,so we should just not do it!!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by egok View Post
I went one year sober, not a drop. Yes I felt better, both emotionally and physically.

BTW i've never been violent towards women. Even when i'm so drunk I can't tell my ass from my elbow. I don't believe being drunk is an excuse for violence against women.
Alcohol is not an excuse for anything especially violence male or female