Notices

33 days sober - reflections

Old 07-19-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

ippochick -

WOW! 33 days!?!?! That's 3x the amount of time I've been sober, and a LIFETIME! Congratulations on what is a HUGE accomplishment!!! Also, thank you for sharing your story with us! It's an amazing story filled with pain, strength and hope. Your experience is also filled with very sobering, no pun intended, accounts and lessons. I'm REALLY glad you shared this with us. Thank you.

That long weekend was truly a wake-up call to you, and I'm glad you chose LIFE! Your proud husband and concerned daughter are ALSO very glad you chose LIFE! And it's great your husband and daughter love you and want you to remain sober, this way you can spend more time with them and do things you enjoy with them.

Thanks for being among us, and for being sober among us. We are ALL fortunate to have been given this chance, to improve, to live.

Fighting alongside you,

c
Old 07-19-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your story.. It's very heartfelt and inspiring :-)
Old 07-19-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ippochick View Post

i chose life.
This is so powerful. Congratulations to you. I agree with you that we are all in this together. And this community does a great job of showing that.

Keep it up and don't ever give in.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Ippo - I have the utmost of faith in you. You absolutely can do this.

Congrats on stepping into your new life.

You are an inspiration !!!
Old 07-19-2013, 10:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

What alcohol promised Sobriety delivers

Hi ippochick ... It's scary isn't it when our addiction is seen by others. I mainly isolated , hid in my house , using . One night I was blasted and was outside trying to get air , to be straight , scary, and my neighbour popped out of nowhere. He could see there was something about me. He asked if I was ok . Let me tell you , I couldn't speak. I swore then and there I would quit that stupid ****.

Good post , I'm with you
Old 07-19-2013, 10:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Incredible Honesty you are awesome!
Old 07-20-2013, 12:56 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Timelord

So many inspirations to help me get sober too. I'm nearly a month now. This forum is so important
Old 07-20-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Congratulations on 33 days that is wonderful accomplishment

I have found that quitting and staying quit are two very different things. Quitting is many times preceded by some catastrophe in your life it gives you the temporary willpower to say I will never do this again. Unfortunately when things get better alcohol will come keep creeping back telling you that it was not that bad that you overreacted.

I have quit many times even 6 years once but I always went back worse than I was before. for this alcoholic it required AA. I had to learn from people that had 10 20 30 years of continuous sobriety. They taught me how to stay sober a day at a time and how to change my life a day at a time.

Will power alone is almost never enough. This is not just about you anymore it is about your child. Find people with long-term sobriety and do what they do. You're and your daughters life depended on it
Old 07-20-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
Congratulations on 33 days that is wonderful accomplishment

I have found that quitting and staying quit are two very different things. Quitting is many times preceded by some catastrophe in your life it gives you the temporary willpower to say I will never do this again. Unfortunately when things get better alcohol will come keep creeping back telling you that it was not that bad that you overreacted.

I have quit many times even 6 years once but I always went back worse than I was before. for this alcoholic it required AA. I had to learn from people that had 10 20 30 years of continuous sobriety. They taught me how to stay sober a day at a time and how to change my life a day at a time.

Will power alone is almost never enough. This is not just about you anymore it is about your child. Find people with long-term sobriety and do what they do. You're and your daughters life depended on it
i'm starting a treatment program next week. 3 days a week for 8 weeks. i have a support system in place through my mental health team. i am not 'dry', i'm sober.

i know how much is riding on this, and i can do it.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ippochick....Congrats on 33 days!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by ippochick View Post
i'm starting a treatment program next week. 3 days a week for 8 weeks. i have a support system in place through my mental health team. i am not 'dry', i'm sober.

i know how much is riding on this, and i can do it.
You absolutely can do it and your plan is a great start on a lifetime of sobriety and recovery