Notices

Still sober

Old 07-18-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still sober

Hanging in there and on new medication. Walked on the beach and read a lot, I think the medicine helps me sliw down and relax a little bit. Still feeling scared at times but trying to get a new life and not fall apart. Wishing I had a girl still but I know they do not like drunks. No job or wife or family at 27 and just wanting to drink and wait to die. But that is stupid so I am trying to get better. Wasted my life so far, no normal relationships. Hope you all are enjoying sobriety out there.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That's great news Acheleus. I was scared in the beginning too - but everything got better. I'm glad you're staying busy and keeping your mind occupied by reading. You're young and you can turn everything around.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just a Sober ******* Now

Nice update! Oh, to walk the beach...

Don't beat yourself up too much over the no kids and family. In the modern age, people are getting married and starting off much later. Plus, you can look at it this way: Had you gotten married while still boozin' life away, there's a good chance that would have turned out to be a very expensive experiment in love. With a clear head, you'll better know what you're looking for and be able to get all the enjoyment out of it, rather than bits and pieces!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

good job!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

keep going acheleus

I found it useful to remember -whenever I got a little impatient - that I was already on the journey towards those good things.

You're back on track and doing well - give it time

D
Old 07-18-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. My dad is drunk and blaring music while I am trying to read. I wish he would not bring alcohol to the house, but he is an alcoholic. He always said my personality changed when I drank, but earlier he was grumpy and mean, now he is acting like a teenager calling thirty year old women and giving them money. He is 73. Maybe I should leave so I do not feel uncomfortable. I dont have any other family, but he does not respect my need for sobriety. This all just makes me want to drink.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

doesn't sound like a great place to be - is moving an option?

D
Old 07-18-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I do not live here, just visiting. Might have to leave. He does not respect that I want to read in quiet. I never knew how different he was drunk. He got mad at me when I said I thought one of his girlfriends was on drugs.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Acheleus,
I know you can stay strong in that stressful environment.
Keep going!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

How's that saying " takes one to know one " While he still is a drunk , you are not. You've grown , in a good way. I see it , others see it. Keep it up my friend . With sobriety will come other avenues for love , peace........
Old 07-18-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Now the neighbor wandered over who is drinking. My medicine helps with cravings, it is an ssri. Tomorrow I will wake up early and visit the town where I used to live. Today I wrote and felt good, but I do not want to be around my dad. I just want to be at the beach. God I wish I had a real father when I was younger. Today I am stronger than I was yesterday. Thank you guys. SR keeps me prepared with good things.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

YAY Ach!!!!!!! Good to hear you are holding your own. This sobriety business is hard.

I've got a challenge tomorrow and I'm nervous but pray for the resolve to make it without a drink. And I've got some "time" although not so much compared to some. Even at 11 months, I still struggle. But it is easier each day.

Keep fighting for your life - you are worth it. Soon enough, a lovely woman will feel that way too! Just be patient, focus on being sober, and love will come.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

stay strong, acheleus...

you're doing great! enjoy your day trip tomorrow... and get back down to your beach when you need to.