Notices

Weekend July 19 - 21 check in!

Old 07-18-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Weekend July 19 - 21 check in!

I happen to be feeling under the weather but that's not going to stop me from heading out on a road trip to Vermont! I was supposed to go two weeks ago but postponed until now.

Traveling has always been an excuse to drink. The ole I'm on vacation routine. But I have been feeling so satisfied and calm as sobriety continues to become the norm that vacation or not... This drunk will be sober.

I am sure I will feel better just hunting down the next fun thing to do and see. I will be checking in from the road.

How about you? What's the weekend plan?

Check in here often... Get ideas or be entertained! Stay sober together.

Ken
Old 07-18-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
xuse

Get the kids ready to go back to school . Maybe grill a thing or two.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My birthdays next Wednesday but mt partners taking me home to the jersey shore ,Sunday ill be with the cousins and having a BBQ and enjoying the pool,a lot of beer will probably be around but my doc has always been opiates,booze never ally did it for me ,I was never able to hold my liquor or nor did I like it very much. So that's Sundays plan,Monday meeting my two bff's and then just hanging out on the beach. You save yourself or you remain unsaved..Christopher Rice
Old 07-18-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JJB

If the lovely weather in UK continues will head down to the beach and read a book. Otherwise will be on here concentrating on keeping sober . If I can make it to Sunday that will be one week for me!
Nice thread .
Old 07-18-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

My sister's birthday tonight, so I'll probably call her and remind her that she's older.

Bro-in-law and his family of 6 are arriving next Tuesday, so I need to get the house in order this weekend. Mrs Non will be pointing with one of her crutches, and I will hop to!

They are some big drinkers, but I don't expect it to be a problem. Drinking with them has never been my thing (getting drunk all alone was my thing).

Saturday night we have a house warming BBQ for some friends who recently moved. No temptation to drink there, either, as Mrs Non can't drive with both feet in casts.

Actually, tonight will present the greatest temptation as I have the house to myself for about 5 hours tonight. Daughter is taking my wife to dinner and then hair and nails appt. Exect to see some posts from me this evening.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
xuse

Get the kids ready to go back to school . Maybe grill a thing or two.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i'm on staycation too for the next 10 days..was an exceptionally craptastic week....still waiting to close on the sale of mama's house, these buyers are doing everything they can to screw up their debt/credit ratio.
we just granted them a week's extension.
i was waiting on my chinese takeout last night...i contemplated grabbing a bottle of wine off of someone's dinner table...but i did not want to get arrested either.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i'm in for sober camping! it's gonna be awesome!!

have a great weekend, all...
Old 07-18-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm going out for a big ole Italian feast tomorrow night to celebrate my 6 month sober-versary!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JJB

Good for you Alison and a bottle of chilled san pellegrino sparkling water (which they only used to sell in Italian restaurants but now is also sold in supermarkets) is genuinely nice I think.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have lived in the Pacific Northwest almost all my life and have never been to Mt St Helens. Gonna make a weekend out of it.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Thanks for starting the thread, Weasel. Hope you feel better soon and enjoy your trip to Vermont!

I'll be doing a bit of work, going to a few meetings, church, researching flower pressing (since I didn't get round to it last weekend) and watching the cricket over iced Kool Aid and stir fry.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Other then staying sober and resting this worn out body of mine; I have no plans as of yet .. But hoping that might change .. Enjoy Vermont; I loved it when we went in the fall Nice towns up there .. You should really stop by Ben & Jerry's lol
Old 07-18-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

No big plans this weekend, except to stay out of this heat! Tomorrow will be a test as hubby is going away for the day (usually works from home). Will have house to myself for about 10 hours (very rare) and can already hear AV. Tomorrow will be Day 20 (after relapsing after 48 days before) so really don't want to start over, again.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm routing for ya LadyBug .. I know how hard it is when your all alone and how loud that "voice" can be .. Good Luck an Post Often seems to help me
Old 07-18-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ohta View Post
I have lived in the Pacific Northwest almost all my life and have never been to Mt St Helens. Gonna make a weekend out of it.
I remember being on a roadtrip to Oregon with a gaggle of gals many years ago. We too thought it would be oh so cool to go to Mount St. Helen's! So off we set to St. Helen's...all excited. I dunno..we finally ended up in the middle of nowhere with no mountain in site. These were drinking days...and we were confounded until someone piped up with "hey, isn't Mount St. Helen's in Washington?". Ya, we were in St. Helen's, Oregon.

Wonderful thread Weasel! I'll be working this weekend. Had my fun last weekend. I found the "drive time" wonderful..at times I tuned into "Nuudawn Radio" and I didn't hate it : )
Old 07-18-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

No travel for me, just lifting on Friday and Sunday in "the Mine" aka basement home gym, maybe get some running on Saturday morning but feet are feeling a little wonky recently so I may just hold down the couch that day.

I don't get much for cravings but I did stop in at a liquor store to get a gift card for a friend the other day. Looking around at all the different bottles of alcoholic beverages was kind of a weird feeling, not really a "I want that!" but more of a "the sight of all this alcohol . . it tickles something in the back of my head, maybe leaving is a good idea" feeling. Oh we are going out for dinner on Friday to the steakhouse, lovely place, and steak is pretty easy to fit into my diet, so that's a bonus.

Have a nice weekend everyone
Old 07-18-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
I remember being on a roadtrip to Oregon with a gaggle of gals many years ago. We too thought it would be oh so cool to go to Mount St. Helen's! So off we set to St. Helen's...all excited. I dunno..we finally ended up in the middle of nowhere with no mountain in site. These were drinking days...and we were confounded until someone piped up with "hey, isn't Mount St. Helen's in Washington?". Ya, we were in St. Helen's, Oregon.
Haha, that's hilarious. A couple of years ago a professional tennis player set out to a tournament in Carlsbad, California and ended up in Carlsbad, New Mexico. True story!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Home alone. The AV is on me like stink on my post-binge breath, but I'm not giving in tonight.

My daughter is a sharp cookie. She knows this is my danger zone. She came and found me about 20 minutes before they left to say, "Don't be a poopiehead."

I knew exactly what she meant.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
JJB

I'm home alone too. Have been playing scrabble online.